DII tourney

TonyG

Well...nobody that is affiliated with DII really comments, because for better or worse, CoachT is not really very interested.  Check out the "Printable Brackets" on the home page, and you'll see what I mean.  The fact that nobody has even bothered to try and get them corrected is testament to the importance that CoachT puts on DII, and that DII puts on CoachT.

That Harding v. FRA game was pretty awesome yesterday though!   :mrgreen:  

yes, i was there.  I say this with the gut-wrenching, kick in the "stomach" feeling that I had as my daughter lost her last game to Webb in Sub State, I am prayerfully sorry for the FRA players and fans that it happened the way it did.

was keeping the scorebook.  It was a VERY VERY long first half.... Big man from FRA is the real deal. Great feet and soft hands.  Unstoppable.  Had 19 at the half (pretty sure he was 9-9, 1FT) and finished 15-16 fg and 3 FT.  

down 21 at half.  44-23.  FRA comes out and pushed it to 31 with about 5 minutes left in 3rd...  not sure if running clock in State Finals but it was about to be.  young man knocks down a 3; on next play we draw a charge; next play another young man knocks down a 3; we get a stop; next play old fashion 3pt play.  that started the 20-3 run to end of 3 quarters score was 65-51.  with about 4 minutes left in regulation, FRA 75 - Harding 68.  and the final 15-2 run tied it at 77.  Harding outscored FRA 54 - 33 in 2nd half... 28-21 in 3rd and 26-12 in 4th.  

Harding only led in the game for 53 total seconds; NONE in regulation. but lead for the most important last 40 seconds of Overtime.

No one in Allen Arena knew what just happened.  Not any of the coaches that I talked to that were there; the TSSAA people;  the announcer, official scorekeeper, the security guards; the TV people; the radio people; the Lipscomb basketball players that were in the gym watching; the Lipscomb baseball players who had just wont their game and were coming back into the Arena and heard the noise and stopped and watched the last 3 minutes of regulation and overtime in the baseball uniforms; the 200-250 Harding fans and again most regrettably the FRA fans and players