A Sectionals

Shozen

Let's hope the refs let them play in the boro. Tonight MC vs Clay the refs were to involved. MC had two players foul out and Clay had 3 with 4 including Tyreke playing with 4 most of the fourth quarter. He hasn't been in foul trouble a single game this year.

Let's hope they are consistent too!!! Last night there were like 4 fouls called in the 1st half of our game and both teams were in the double bonus the 2nd!

Let's hope they are consistent too!!! Last night there were like 4 fouls called in the 1st half of our game and both teams were in the double bonus the 2nd!

They were atleast pretty consistent in our game but man I bet there was 50-60 fouls called. Both teams in double bonus by the start of 2nd and 4th each half.

Unless players are just flat out of control, that should never be the case at this point of the season

Agreed there was of course some like every game but tons of ticky tack hand checks both ways and a couple lose balls where both or going after it etc. a bunch should have been no calls but that's how it goes.

Clay benefits from being able to just play.

Edited by Shozen

Thank pujo. Yeah I think we both take him in marbles lol.

Yes finally time to start playing some baseball. He is still leaning toward playing at UOC. Going to wait and see what happens this spring. Give me a shout when yall come to the boro. May come up and watch the game

Can't make it to the Boro  Warrior but I'd love to chat with you. Sounds as though we may get to watch some football together,

Agreed there was of course some like every game but tons of ticky tack hand checks both ways and a couple lose balls where both or going after it etc. a bunch should have been no calls but that's how it goes.

Clay benefits from being able to just play.

If they just played basketball the way it was intended to be played ,it wouldn't be so difficult to call. When you see 2 bodies collide and both hit the floor ,its a dang foul. Shouldn't be no hand checking or pushing off with the off arm. Flopping should be a T.  

If they just played basketball the way it was intended to be played ,it wouldn't be so difficult to call. When you see 2 bodies collide and both hit the floor ,its a dang foul. Shouldn't be no hand checking or pushing off with the off arm. Flopping should be a T.

Literally makes zero sense about what you said if they collide. If no one has control of the ball and both are diving running for the ball and they collide then who is the foul called on? If there is zero contact on defense when defending the ball then everyone on every team would foul out. I have been a ref and I know it's hard but when there is only a handful of good refs, a job you get paid to do then something is wrong with the system. Moving on.

Edited by Shozen

Literally makes zero sense about what you said if they collide. If no one has control of the ball and both are diving running for the ball and they collide then who is the foul called on? If there is zero contact on defense when defending the ball then everyone on every team would foul out. I have been a ref and I know it's hard but when there is only a handful of good refs, a job you get paid to do then something is wrong with the system. Moving on.

New rule brought up this year....two players running down the floor (neither with ball) and contact is made and both players hit the floor a double foul is to be called....I understand that can also apply to loose balls....Arrow being used to determine possession

New rule brought up this year....two players running down the floor (neither with ball) and contact is made and both players hit the floor a double foul is to be called....I understand that can also apply to loose balls....Arrow being used to determine possession

If that's the case then it was called wrong three times last night once again proving my point that refs should be evaluated and scored. It went 1 against Clay and 1 against MC with one being a no call.

So you are ALLOWED to knock people down in basketball? If no one has control of the ball I can go run over the closest person to it on the other team as long as I fall down too?

So you are ALLOWED to knock people down in basketball? If no one has control of the ball I can go run over the closest person to it on the other team as long as I fall down too?

Literally went over your head. Let me hit you with the common sense stick. Of course you can't run over people randomly but if both are running hard for possession of the ball and both dive and collide then no. I never said anything about just randomly running over people not going for the ball. Common sense is god's gift, you should use it sparingly as you seem to be running low.

Edited by Shozen

Watch a game 20 years ago and it looks completely different. college ball is designed to help the smaller players, they mug the bigs and no call,touch a guard driving to the basket and it a foul. Thats why less talented teams that can shoot the 3 can  hang with and upset the really good teams. We have just adjusted to the way they call the game,it was played a different way and kids made it through games.

Edited by pujo