Mitchell & Union City

uct

Well it's come to this again. I can't believe no Union City fans on here talking bout there team. Sisco may have come to the end of his road, but the team has had a good year. Folks been following basketball a long time, if i need to be corrected let me know. It's been since 2008 that Sisco has won a State Title, not because of talent. I'll let his fans be the judge of why this is. I would say Mitchell by 20, but he wants to keep it in the 30's. So with that note slow down ball. Galilee, take it easy on them. Have a fun game and enjoy!!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen both teams play. Mitchell is a very, very good team but not as good as last year. UC is a very good team but not as good as last year. Mitchell will have the best player on the floor with Olsin. Stewart is good for UC but not as good as Olsin. There is only one team in the state that could go to Mitchell and beat them and that's Booker T. UC will lose by 20. If the game was at UC it would be pretty close. The substate atmosphere at UC last year when we played them was unreal! If they had that atmosphere they would compete with Mitchell. Mitchell is well coached again. Mitchell's speed and defense will give UC problems. It's not fun going into that dark, dungy gym at Mitchell. They need new lights! Maybe Galilee can make a contribution since he's retired! Ha

Hey TCA read your post and I agree with you on how the game will go. The Stewart kid is a good player but not a great one. there is a lot of hype going on about him, but I watched him play last year and listened to them on the radio this year. Where he has great games is when they play average teams but real good teams not so much. If you pressure him he has a lot of trouble bring the ball up the floor and his shooting pct. falls a lot. Galilee have a lot of fun and enjoy the game.

Hey TCA read your post and I agree with you on how the game will go. The Stewart kid is a good player but not a great one. there is a lot of hype going on about him, but I watched him play last year and listened to them on the radio this year. Where he has great games is when they play average teams but real good teams not so much. If you pressure him he has a lot of trouble bring the ball up the floor and his shooting pct. falls a lot. Galilee have a lot of fun and enjoy the game.

Good post Stock and good to hear from you!

Say what you want about the Stewart kid but he is a good ball player... He is playing out of position out of need for the team...He is getting recruited by DI schools...

UC not winning a state championship since 2008 is a true statement...

UC hasn't won a sub-state game in Memphis...0-4 if memory serves...They did beat Middleton on the road in a sub-state game...

UC didn't win last year because they didn't have a true point guard and they don't this year either...Someone that QBs the team, doesn't have to score but gets everyone in the right position and that can handle the ball and not get frustrated and turn the ball over when heavily pressured...

Mitchell has ended UC's season the last two years...This is a tough task...Nobody left playing in the state (1A) has a tougher game to play with the same circumstances...Halls has a challenge but they are playing at home...If BTW and Mitchell both win tonight they will play again in Murfreesboro for the championship...

Good Luck To The Tornadoes !!!

Purple & Gold Standard, you may have answered the question why no State Titles. Ur coach playing kids out of position. Surely he's smarter than that, I know no coach across this country that would do that. Because out of 15 kids on a team, I think that is the number. Surely I wouldn't have to play them out of position, if so I'm not doing my job of making every kid good to their abilities. U said it ,not me!!!!!!  Everyone go to Brooker T./ TCA and read what Galilee said bout kids out of position. Good luck to all teams tonight.

On point with that quote!! Kind like ya Tony G. Fans sometimes can't see things.  

No problem man, I'm not a faithful Mitchell follower but I've seen Tevin play several times. He has one of the smoothest strokes in the area and could flirt with 30 pts nightly if he wasn't in a system that strives on defense and smart shots and instead was in a similar system comparable to other programs that jack up shots and push the ball. Nothing against Stewart at all. I just think his athleticism would get challenged on a nightly basis in the shelby metro area, bc in the area your stars wont help you as the penny classic shows year in and out.