Community Vs. Perry County

MoneyShot

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PC boys have never shot well at MTSU.  Something about the visibility difference I think.  I hope the PC girls figure it out because they must score from the 3pt line.  They will probably be the shortest team up there.  Good athletes that can defend the shot but will give up some points on offensive boards.  PC shoots the 8-12 foot jumper well and have had to do that this year when they couldn't drive the basketball inside and the 3's weren't falling well.  They still were able to win but the level of competition is high at this level.  The fact that PC beat Houston County twice this year and Houston County took Community to 2 OTs says this could be a very competitive game.  If PC gets the 3 figured out, they have more than 1 shooter that could light up the scoreboard and make them hard to beat.  Community will not be an easy out.

Community beat PC last year when PC couldn't keep no 40 off the offensive boards.  Too many put backs to over come.  This could be the key to the game again this year.  I went to the D9 championship game between Community and Middle Tenn and no 40 is still going strong. 

​I'll be there!!   Go, fight, win  Lady Vikings.

Edited by rllord

Community just beat CA by 46 too but i don't think the score comparison really matters. Community has bigs to control the glass as has been said and pierce who could have been nominated for miss basketball on the perimeter. This is the same team that won at perry co last year. I don't think that matters either. Community has the athletes to guard the three point shot as well. One other advantage maybe is that community was in state last year so the nerves or shooting background won't be as big of deal. Community also has the shooters to compliment the inside game and pierce. Should be a huge crowd as I have seen both fan bases and they travel well.

Community just beat CA by 46 too but i don't think the score comparison really matters. Community has bigs to control the glass as has been said and pierce who could have been nominated for miss basketball on the perimeter. This is the same team that won at perry co last year. I don't think that matters either. Community has the athletes to guard the three point shot as well. One other advantage maybe is that community was in state last year so the nerves or shooting background won't be as big of deal. Community also has the shooters to compliment the inside game and pierce. Should be a huge crowd as I have seen both fan bases and they travel well.

Well, we promise to show up in large numbers anyway.

Great game by both teams. I was impressed to see that Perry County didn't look that nervous considering this was this particular group's first time in a university arena. Once they settled down their shooting became quite impressive. They are a very fast athletic team. I get the feeling that if their shooting gets hot they become nearly unstoppable. Also, the amount of PC fans there was fantastic considering the distance. It was a good game to watch, and I wish Perry County nothing but the best. They have nothing to hang their heads about.