Memphis Area Players being Recruited - 2017

kwc

It's a sexual scandal that had the coach and the university doing everything in their power to protect the football program to the point that they were willing to sacrifice individuals who were doing the right thing. It goes on at other universities, Baylor comes to mind, but these two institutions had opportunities to do the right thing in the beginning and chose to try to protect the schools image instead of letting the institution perhaps look bad in order to do the right thing.

They both did the same thing in that regard.

You can get smart with me and make derogatory remarks about me, the young men who come out of the high schools in Memphis or say any manner of thing in rebuttal to my comments because you don't like them. I get that. I also don't care. You however, obviously care what I think to the point you felt the need to remark and degrade.

It doesn't change the fact that I hold Butch Jones and the University of Tennessee in disdain for how they handled the situation.

Your comments change nothing. It still stinks to high heaven.

For the record ... I was one of the biggest UT fans around. I was looking forward to Butch Jones recruiting Memphis. I liked the guy and I liked what he did when he was at Cincinnati. Butch was my guy.

That changed with this incident. I choose to not be a fan anymore ... as long as the people who made those decisions are still in charge. From the President to the AD to the HC. I would have put Penn State on the death penalty and I would have done similar to UT and any other university that would do such a thing. Until these big time universities realize that nothing comes before common decency, they need to be handled as such. I guarantee you, if the NCAA would have hit Penn State or Baylor with the death penalty, UT and other big time universities would have handled matters differently.

It is what it is. Football rules. Peoples lives don't. Penn State, Baylor, and UT prove that.

Can you even read? My comment about recruiting in your city had been proven time and time again for decades. Unlike your comments mine are not opinion.

You are biased and it is obvious to anyone with the ability to be objective.

You wrote a tome and essentially failed to acknowledge the truth. As far as a coverup is concerned one kid made different comments under oath. I have no clue if hes telling the truth that CBJ called him a name or not?

What I do know is that All American LB lost his college and NFL career immediatey because CBJ and UT acted swiftly and suspended him (just like others). Your refusal to acknowledge the swift suspension from all team activities in every alleged incident is another example of your inability to be objective.

Mepmhis is toxic, always has been and always will be. Keep bashing UT though because it protects it from the inevitable visit from the NCAA.

Can you even read? My comment about recruiting in your city had been proven time and time again for decades. Unlike your comments mine are not opinion.

You are biased and it is obvious to anyone with the ability to be objective.

You wrote a tome and essentially failed to acknowledge the truth. As far as a coverup is concerned one kid made different comments under oath. I have no clue if hes telling the truth that CBJ called him a name or not?

What I do know is that All American LB lost his college and NFL career immediatey because CBJ and UT acted swiftly and suspended him (just like others). Your refusal to acknowledge the swift suspension from all team activities in every alleged incident is another example of your inability to be objective.

Mepmhis is toxic, always has been and always will be. Keep bashing UT though because it protects it from the inevitable visit from the NCAA.

I can read ... can you comprehend is the question. I'm talking about UT and you bring up the City of Memphis. What does one have to do with the other. Nothing.

But I digress.

I don't care what Butch Jones and UT did AFTER the fact. 

Dude ... If Memphis was toxic ... we wouldn't have coaches from UT, Clemson, Purdue, Missouri, and etc. in Memphis on a weekly basis trying to recruit them. That statement alone was just laughable ... and I'm being nice. LOL ... that's probably what a lot of the big schools want you to think so they will stay away ... It's not working ... LOLOLOLOLOL! Oh me oh my, this is hilarious!

My original statement still stands.

What Butch Jones and the UT administration did with their original reaction was reprehensible. I'm glad somebody with some sense talked to them to at least clean up the original bungled PR nightmare. Oh my goodness. Too little too late though in that regard. The damage was done. But hey, It's UT. It's not going to slow them down one bit. That was just a hiccup to them.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. If I continue to bash UT ... my bashing of UT will protect UT from getting a visit by the NCAA?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh K.

Edited by kwc

According to the Whitehaven Football Twitter page and J'Len Smith's Twitter page congratulations are in order. According to those sources Whitehaven's J'Len Smith has verbally committed to play collegiality at the Air Force Academy next year. 

Congrats J'Len. The AFA is getting a very good student athlete. Very good one indeed!

Edited by kwc

According to the article on East High School's football team in the Commercial Appeal, with a copy of that article posted by me here, written by John Varlas, It seems that congrats are in order for the Memphis East' RB, Timothy Taylor, who has verbally committed to become a student athlete next year at the University of Memphis

Congrats Timothy. The U of M is getting a good one!

Edited by kwc

K-dub,

Any thoughts on the 4-Star Lineman from Nashville that committed to U of M? If there is already a thread discussing it toss it in here so I can start following

I wasn't aware of this development until I read your question above. I went to the CA and discovered that Tom Schad posted an article about this at about 1:00 PM. His name is Obinna Eze, a 6-foot-7 offensive lineman from Davidson Academy in Nashville. I copied and pasted the article in the 2016-2017 Memphis Tigers thread that I created here.

I can read ... can you comprehend is the question. I'm talking about UT and you bring up the City of Memphis. What does one have to do with the other. Nothing.

But I digress.

Dude ... If Memphis was toxic ... we wouldn't have coaches from UT, Clemson, Purdue, Missouri, and etc. in Memphis on a weekly basis trying to recruit them. That statement alone was just laughable ... and I'm being nice. LOL ... that's probably what a lot of the big schools want you to think so they will stay away ... It's not working ... LOLOLOLOLOL! Oh me oh my, this is hilarious!

What Butch Jones and the UT administration did with their original reaction was reprehensible. I'm glad somebody with some sense talked to them to at least clean up the original bungled PR nightmare. Oh my goodness. Too little too late though in that regard. The damage was done. But hey, It's UT. It's not going to slow them down one bit. That was just a hiccup to them.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. If I continue to bash UT ... my bashing of UT will protect UT from getting a visit by the NCAA?

Ohhhhhhhhhhh K.

Good grief. Go back and read your posts again about how you are openly being critical of UT.

Nothing youve said about that event is true. You refuse to acknowledge what happened in every situation was swift and consistent. Instead, you bash the school for unsubstantiated comments attributed by CBJ from an explayer who told two different stories under oath.

Frankly, none of that fits your agenda though. You should just stick to promoting athletes in your town instead of this debate thingy. Three times now you've responded like a middle school girl and based your tirade against UT on what Lisa told Susie about Kim from what she heard on snap chat. It's mind boggling to me that you would even try to make the connection you have when the ALL facts are in direct contradiction.

One last thing. The funniest thing is seeing Memhis guy denying Memphis has a history of shenanigans and shady recruitments. You are the Baghdad Bob for Memphis recruiting. Lol

Good grief. Go back and read your posts again about how you are openly being critical of UT.

Nothing youve said about that event is true. You refuse to acknowledge what happened in every situation was swift and consistent. Instead, you bash the school for unsubstantiated comments attributed by CBJ from an explayer who told two different stories under oath.

Frankly, none of that fits your agenda though. You should just stick to promoting athletes in your town instead of this debate thingy. Three times now you've responded like a middle school girl and based your tirade against UT on what Lisa told Susie about Kim from what she heard on snap chat. It's mind boggling to me that you would even try to make the connection you have when the ALL facts are in direct contradiction.

One last thing. The funniest thing is seeing Memhis guy denying Memphis has a history of shenanigans and shady recruitments. You are the Baghdad Bob for Memphis recruiting. Lol

My reasons for disliking UT's coach, administration, and everyone else related to the program is clear. There is no lie. It's all posted all over the internet. 

You are the one introducing Memphis recruiting history in a comment I made about why I don't respect Butch Jones and UT football ... not me. And you try to sit here and say that my debating prowess is middle school? You're the one trying to switch topics because you don't like my stance on Butch Jones and UT. Calling my original statement a lie. 

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr .... OK

Then ... you say that I am denying past recruiting history in Memphis. OK ... where in any of my responses have I denied anything that YOU have brought up about recruiting Memphis?

My response to you were in this wise ... it's not so toxic as you try to imply that its keeping D1 schools from flocking here. 

There have been quite a few bad recruiting stories out of Memphis in the past. There may be some more in the future. It's the big city, you have some bad apples in the barrel with some good ones. Nevertheless, schools are still lining up to recruit the best players out of Memphis. They are coming in droves. The big schools and the small ones. THAT's been my response to your Memphis recruiting bashing. You can demonize and degrade all you like. Have at it.

The above has nothing to do with my comments concerning UT, it's head football coach, and the administration that supports him.

Nada

Zilch.

How they handled the situation initially was just WRONG ... on so many levels that it is pathetic.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

My reasons for disliking UT's coach, administration, and everyone else related to the program is clear. There is no lie. It's all posted all over the internet. 

You are the one introducing Memphis recruiting history in a comment I made about why I don't respect Butch Jones and UT football ... not me. And you try to sit here and say that my debating prowess is middle school? You're the one trying to switch topics because you don't like my stance on Butch Jones and UT. Calling my original statement a lie. 

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr .... OK

Then ... you say that I am denying past recruiting history in Memphis. OK ... where in any of my responses have I denied anything that YOU have brought up about recruiting Memphis?

My response to you were in this wise ... it's not so toxic as you try to imply that its keeping D1 schools from flocking here. 

There have been quite a few bad recruiting stories out of Memphis in the past. There may be some more in the future. It's the big city, you have some bad apples in the barrel with some good ones. Nevertheless, schools are still lining up to recruit the best players out of Memphis. They are coming in droves. The big schools and the small ones. THAT's been my response to your Memphis recruiting bashing. You can demonize and degrade all you like. Have at it.

The above has nothing to do with my comments concerning UT, it's head football coach, and the administration that supports him.

Nada

Zilch.

How they handled the situation initially was just WRONG ... on so many levels that it is pathetic.

I'm actually stunned here. You just used the "internet" as your source. BTW that same source provided legal proof the Memphis player you are basing your opinion on made conflicting statements under oath and openly made comments in support of UT/CBJ.

Now, as to why I included Memphis recruiting in my rebuttal post to you is, wait for it, because ....... you posted this thread as a MEMPHIS RECRUITING thread. See now? It's a logical and linear reason why I would bring it up. To even claim you are dazed and confused as to "why" I would mention that is frankly mind boggling.

In all honesty your agenda has been exposed and your claims demonizing UT have been refuted so I should stop. However, just in case you want to continue this discussion I am going to provide another reason why you are taking this stance. Heres a quote from you. " Your comments don't change my opinion of coach Jones and the program he runs. I wouldn't recommend any young man that I know to go play for the man. Period. "

That post was made not too long after a good player, and nice young man by all acounts, who was verbally committed to UT was told to look elsewhere. The backlash in Memphis was heard on talk radio and discussed in many forums. It would seem that you possibly knew about this, and since I am kinda good and drawing conclusions based on logical, linear thoughts, you responded emotionally just like you have throughout this thread?

So Memphis kid is cut from UT and Memphis kid makes conflicting statements about CBJ saying he in essence called him a name. Those are facts yes? Other facts you've presented are Memphis has a checkered past, to say the least, with recruiting.

In summary, you base your whole argument that UT and Penn St are similar situations due to one players conflicting statements (proven by court documents) that he was called "a name" while CBJ immediately suspended the two alleged defendants. Then, you fail to acknowledge UT's response was swift in that event and every other event prior. Lastly, you agreed with my assertion Memphis has had recruiting issues and has a checkered past. By any reasonable standard my good friend summary judgment has been awarded and you can stop all the hyperbole, hand wringing, and outright false claims you've made ITT against UT.

I hope for those following this thread who were unaware of the facts now clearly understand just how biased and ignorant you are inre UT/CBJ.

I'm actually stunned here. You just used the "internet" as your source. BTW that same source provided legal proof the Memphis player you are basing your opinion on made conflicting statements under oath and openly made comments in support of UT/CBJ.

Now, as to why I included Memphis recruiting in my rebuttal post to you is, wait for it, because ....... you posted this thread as a MEMPHIS RECRUITING thread. See now? It's a logical and linear reason why I would bring it up. To even claim you are dazed and confused as to "why" I would mention that is frankly mind boggling.

In all honesty your agenda has been exposed and your claims demonizing UT have been refuted so I should stop. However, just in case you want to continue this discussion I am going to provide another reason why you are taking this stance. Heres a quote from you. " Your comments don't change my opinion of coach Jones and the program he runs. I wouldn't recommend any young man that I know to go play for the man. Period. "

That post was made not too long after a good player, and nice young man by all acounts, who was verbally committed to UT was told to look elsewhere. The backlash in Memphis was heard on talk radio and discussed in many forums. It would seem that you possibly knew about this, and since I am kinda good and drawing conclusions based on logical, linear thoughts, you responded emotionally just like you have throughout this thread?

So Memphis kid is cut from UT and Memphis kid makes conflicting statements about CBJ saying he in essence called him a name. Those are facts yes? Other facts you've presented are Memphis has a checkered past, to say the least, with recruiting.

In summary, you base your whole argument that UT and Penn St are similar situations due to one players conflicting statements (proven by court documents) that he was called "a name" while CBJ immediately suspended the two alleged defendants. Then, you fail to acknowledge UT's response was swift in that event and every other event prior. Lastly, you agreed with my assertion Memphis has had recruiting issues and has a checkered past. By any reasonable standard my good friend summary judgment has been awarded and you can stop all the hyperbole, hand wringing, and outright false claims you've made ITT against UT.

I hope for those following this thread who were unaware of the facts now clearly understand just how biased and ignorant you are inre UT/CBJ.

My original comments on UT were in response to a comment made by another poster a while back in this thread. 

I have no clue about UT's recruiting. The above mentioned is news to me. 

My original statement stands and I've explained that I was a UT fan before the incident happened. No bias. You see what you wish to see.

I'm glad you've made your case and you've exposed me to be the biased UT hater that I am.

Bravo!

Edited by kwc

• 1 month later...

But I digress.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh K.

Dont look now but Memphis is being Memphis........... AGAIN. Trezvant?????

I really look forward to reading your response. Denial is not a pretty thing. Lol I expect another disjointed, non-linear argument supported by rumor only so anything more than that will be outstanding.

Lastly, my heart goes out to the kids who were punished by the actions of others.