Wrestling Updates and Tidbits...

Sommers

TOP STORY

Year-round opportunities: Legacy Wrestling Club

sports3_wrestling.JPG

An all-inclusive wrestling club has come to Coffee County, while servicing surrounding areas as well. Wrestling coaches Randall Jennings and Roger Barlow of Manchester, and Al and Jenna Morris of Tullahoma have all helped to create a wrestling club that is available to wrestlers from all of Coffee County, as well as Warren County and other surrounding areas.

Jennings gave some insight as to what the club was for and its origins, saying, “This is the first year that we have done this as Legacy. We have tried to do things like this in the past, but they’ve never really panned out as well as it has this year.”

Jennings stated that the club has seen 10-15 total kids in the past, however, this year has increased in numbers by double. “This year we have about 30 kids from six different schools,” said Jennings.

The coach was asked why the club was started, and he mentioned that growing the kids’ skills and drawing more attention to freestyle and Greco wrestling can help them build their talents and abilities. “We know that it is an added benefit to the folk-style seasons and their (the kids) regular high school seasons. I think one of the big things this year was all of the area coaches buying in as well,” Jennings said talking about the partnership between all of the schools.

“We have kids from Coffee County, Tullahoma included, Warren County, Sewanee, Cascade and maybe Shelbyville every now and then.” Jennings said.

The main difference between LWC and the regular high school seasons is that the atmosphere is more laid back and stresses more on rounding the skills of the kids. Jennings relates the likeness of the wrestling club to that of travel ball for baseball players.

“The goal is really to provide a wrestling option to those who are interested year round,” stated Jennings. The club starts its season at the end of the high school wrestling season and intends to stop at the beginning of the next, providing wrestling as an option during off season.

“It is a really good opportunity for the kids, not only to get on the mats and expand their wrestling repertoire, but to also make connections.”

Jennings mentioned that there have been previous wrestlers who were not recognized for their athleticism during the high school seasons, that were recognized during freestyle and Greco seasons. This recognition gave those wrestlers the opportunity to take their wrestling to the next level.

“This is our first year rolling into this and it being this big, but on and off we have been trying to get to this level for two or three years. We have always done good partnering with Tullahoma, but this is the first year that we have actually established a club and got sanctioned through USA Wrestling. It’s legit. We want to continue growing and put together some dual teams, just like a high school season.”

• Like 1

WRESTLING: ROCKY JORDAN TO TENNESSEE CHATTANOOGA 

Andy Vance's picture
April 27, 2022 at 4:38pm 

One of Ohio State's legacies will finish his wrestling career at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga: Rocky Jordan announced his move via his Instagram Wednesday.

Jordan posted an overall record of 12-7 for Ohio State last season, and a career record at 49-26. The two-time NCAA qualifier was part of a multi-weight logjam last year with Ethan Smith and Kaleb Romero each moving up a class, leaving Jordan on the outside looking in as Gavin Hoffman manned the 197-pound spot down the stretch.

The St. Paris Graham standout was the third in a line of Jordan brothers to wrestle for Tom Ryan, following current assistant coach Bo Jordan and older brother Micah through the program. With Romero and Hoffman expected to man 184 and 197 again next year, Jordan looked like the odd man out once again.

Jordan's best year in scarlet and gray was his redshirt freshman campaign when he placed fifth at the Big Ten Championships and finished the season with a record of 29-9 with five major decisions and a team-high seven tech falls.

Prior to his arrival in Columbus, he was a three-time Division II Ohio high school state champion, reaching the finals all four of his high school season. He was undefeated as a junior and senior, goinga combined 80-0 over his final two years of scholastic competition.

https://www.mainstreetpreps.com/county/davidson/tswa-honors-2021-22-all-state-boys-girls-wrestling-teams/article_31817f0e-ca66-11ec-b38d-57819e8b3002.html

TSWA honors 2021-22 All-State boys, dgirls wrestling teams

STAFF REPORT May 3, 2022 Comment

Fairview senior Jacob Clevenger wrestles with East Nashville senior Jerry Campbell in the 220-pound division at the 2022 TSSAA state championships.

Jay Sowers/Main Street Nashville

Clarksville junior Ella-Lina Gonzalez points to her supporters after winning a state title in February.

Jay Sowers/Main Street Nashville

The Tennessee Sports Writers Association (TSWA) has announced its 2021-22 All-State boys and girls wrestling teams. See the full list below.

BOYS

Class A

Carson Dupill, Greeneville, Fr.

Jojo Uhorchuk, Signal Mountain, 8th grade

Chris Lagorio, Hixson, Jr.

Aiden Wright, Knox Halls, So.

Ethan Uhorchuk, Signal Mountain, Fr.

Steve Ramos, Martin Luther King, Sr.

Lucas Martin, Hillwood, Jr.

Taylor Turner, Harpeth, Sr.

Caleb Uhorchuk, Signal Mountain, Jr.

Ryan King, Stone Memorial, Sr.

Drew Lewis, Soddy Daisy, So.

Cooper Johnson, Greeneville, So.

Andy Cable, Pigeon Forge, Jr.

Noah Shriner, Signal Mountain, Sr.

Dylan Davenport, Sycamore, So.

Hunter Bankes, Soddy Daisy, Sr.

Wemawamungu Moktani, Munford, Sr.

Grant Hawkinson, Page, Jr.

Sam Hutchison, Knox Halls, Jr.

Adan Alvarez, Cheatham County, So.

Dalen Kimble, Sycamore, Sr.

Brody McLemore, Eagleville, So.

Wyatt Howard, Pigeon Forge, Fr.

Perry Roller, Tennessee, Sr.

Hunter Mason, Greeneville, Jr.

Luke London, Sycamore, Jr.

Harlen Hunley, Knox Halls, Fr.

Seth McCoy, Forrest, So.

Colin Dupill, Greeneville, Jr.

Ethan Hylton, David Crockett, Sr.

Thomas Magness, Harpeth, Jr.

Jerzy Hendrix, Tullahoma, Jr.

Logan Heckert, Sycamore, Jr.

Will Parcel, Page, Sr.

Briar Whaley, Knox Halls, So.

Maclain Otting, East Hamilton, Sr.

Kodiak Cannedy, Greeneville, Sr.

Kyle Watts, White House Heritage, Sr.

Jake Stacey, Green Hill, So.

Dylan Pratt, Eagleville, Sr.

Kendrick Curtis, Fairview, Jr.

Aiden Littles, Pigeon Forge, Jr.

Kobe Smith, Red Bank, So.

Jermyah Davis, Munford, Sr.

Rob Atwood, Trousdale County, So.

Elijah Hubbs, Gibbs, Jr.

Gabe Ferrell, David Crockett, Jr.

Tony Ray, Bolton, Sr.

Jacob Clevenger, Fairview, Sr.

Jerry Campbell, East Nashville, Sr.

Zac Chrisman, Greeneville, So.

Caleb Wolfe, Pigeon Forge, Jr.

Lance Williams, Alcoa, Jr.

Seth Vaughn, Fulton, Sr.

Kaymon Overton, East Nashville, Sr.

Landon Moore, Hixson, Sr.

Class AA

Chase Walker, Cleveland, Fr.

James Hicks, Wilson Central, Fr.

Colby Baltz, Germantown Houston, So.

Stiles Miller, Science Hill, So.

Bryson Terrell, Bradley Central, Jr.

Russell Ford, Independence, Jr.

Zach Bosken, Cleveland, Jr.

Owen Gobel, Franklin, Sr.

Jarvis Little, Summit, So.

Hunter Heflin, Arlington, So.

Bentley Ellison, Cleveland, Jr.

Nicholas Mercante, Wilson Central, Jr.

Justin Bradford, Blackman, Sr.

Easton Lipsey, Bradley Central, Sr.

Logan Fowler, Cleveland, So.

Steven Dindl, Bartlett, Sr.

Hunter Sturgill, Heritage, Fr.

Arlo Laxton, Cleveland, Sr.

Landon Desselle, Summit, So.

Grant Myers, Blackman, Jr.

Sammy Shires, Rossview, Sr.

Ethan Lipsey, Bradley Central, Jr.

Mason Sells, Blackman, Jr.

Spencer Kon, Independence, So.

Max Norman, Dobyns Bennett, Fr.

Finley Jameson, Summit, Jr.

Luke Belcher, Bradley Central, Jr.

Riley Fort, Wilson Central, Jr.

Jacob Roaten, Arlington, Sr.

Cameron Cook, Collierville, Sr.

Jacob Barlow, Coffee County, So.

Charles McTorry, Nolensville, So.

Aidan Brenot, Clarksville, Jr.

Dylan Cockman, Arlington, Sr.

Lucas Szymborski,

Anthony Pyron, Mt. Juliet, Sr.

Wyatt Gibbs, Brentwood, Jr.

Luke Krepela, Arlington, Sr.

Francisco Molina, Rhea County, Sr.

Jashua Chew, Blackman, Sr.

Zachary Dussler, Rossview, Sr.

Austin Cooley, McMinn County, Sr.

Jose Fernandez, Arlington, Sr.

Tetoe Boyd, Cleveland, Sr.

Devon Medina, Science Hill, Jr.

Peyton Cooper, Maryville, Jr.

Connor Milhorn, Siegel, Sr.

Theron Gaines, Oakland, Sr.

Noah Todd, Wilson Central, Jr.

Garrett Crowder, Dobyns Bennett, So.

Timothy Bosby, Cordova, Jr.

Ashton Davis, Cleveland, Sr.

Austin McClure, Bradley Central, Sr.

Adrian Gumm, Maryville, Sr.

Ryan Smith, Summit, Sr.

Division II

Jacob Bond, Baylor School, Fr.

Joe Calvin, Father Ryan, So.

Cole Gumlick, Lakeway Christian, Fr.

Nolen Hardman, Boyd Buchanan, 8th grade

Nick Cordey, Baylor School, Sr.

Brody Gobbell, Father Ryan, Fr.

Alex Ropski, Christian Brothers, Jr.

Malachi Pucket, Boyd Buchanan, 8th grade

Calvin Eason, Father Ryan, Sr.

Cameron Helton, Lakeway Christian, Fr.

Judson Jarrett, Baylor School, So.

Andrew Connow, Pope John Paul II, Fr.

Casen Roark, Father Ryan, Fr.

Jackson Bond, Baylor School, Sr.

Luke Braman, Notre Dame, Jr.

Carter Rowlett, Boyd Buchanan, So.

Keyveon Roller, Lakeway Christian, Sr.

Nathaniel Askew, Baylor School, Fr.

Chancery Deane, Father Ryan, Fr.

Wills Bronson, Christian Brothers, Jr.

Garrison Dendy, Baylor School, Sr.

Caleb Gumlick, Lakeway Christian, Jr.

Sawyer Rutherford, Father Ryan, Fr.

Carson Smith, Brentwood Academy, Jr.

Brayden Ivy, Lakeway Christian, Sr.

Mac Russ, Montgomery Bell Academy, Jr.

Ben Stigamier, Father Ryan, Sr.

Nick Krauss, Knox Grace, Sr.

Ian McGehee, Memphis University School, Jr.

Micah Tisdale, Baylor School, Jr.

Matt Oberlander, Father Ryan, Jr.

Jay Eversole, Lakeway Christian, Fr.

Colby Dalon, Lakeway Christian, Sr.

Mason Alley, Baylor School, Sr.

Joe Terry, Father Ryan, Sr.

Ryan Comfort, Knox Grace, Jr.

Aidan Bowers, Christian Brothers, Sr.

Michael Kinsey, Baylor School, Sr.

Henry Rodgers, Father Ryan, Sr.

Riley Clark, Brentwood Academy, Sr.

Gervacio Gonzalez, Christian Brothers, Sr.

Omaury Alvarez, Baylor, Jr.

Ben Marchetti, Father Ryan, Sr.

Miller Barnett, Battle Ground Academy, Sr

David Harper, Baylor School, Sr.

Cameron Cavins, Christian Brothers, Sr.

Johnothon Moore, Montgomery Bell Academy, Jr.

Tim Brunet, Father Ryan, Jr.

Gabe Fisher, Montgomery Bell Academy, Jr.

Ronald Garriques, Baylor School, Sr.

Carson Gentle, McCallie School, So.

Jackson Wells, Brentwood Academy, Sr.

James Howard, McCallie School, Sr.

Dion Stutts, Memphis University School, So.

Abraham Cromartie, Father Ryan, Jr.

Andrew Pederson, Brentwood Academy, So.

GIRLS

Vivian Mariscal, Nashville Overton, So.

Rylee Lent, Independence, Jr.

Kiley McNerney, Riverdale, Jr.

Payton Agnell, Tullahoma, So.

Ella-Lina Gonzalez, Clarksville, Jr.

Jenna Baines, Greeneville, So.

Grace Elliott, Siegel, Sr.

Elinor Underwood, Seymour, Fr.

Melanie Val, St. Andrew`s-Sewanee School, So.

Mila Risner, Oakland, Jr.

Emma Stewart, Clarksville, Sr.

Betsy Nations, Collierville, Sr.

Roseanna Vaughan, Clarksville Northwest, Sr.

Scout Holguin, Knox Carter, Sr.

Ansley Reed, Science Hill, So.

Annalynn Rakett, Clarksville Academy, Sr.

Verena Pate, St. Andrew`s-Sewanee School, Jr

Gabriella Rincon, Bradley Central, So.

Kristen Allsup, Dickson County, Jr.

Angelina Slingluff, Seymour, Jr.

Kaylen Thomas, Ravenwood, Sr.

Madisen Bryant, Clarksville Academy, Jr.

Haley Redmond, Gibbs, Jr.

Olivia Hogan, Tullahoma, Sr.

Brooklyn Long, Independence, Jr.

Emma Stephenson, Summit, Sr.

Gabriela Wilkinson, Rossview, Jr.

Lilly Hosford, Knox Catholic, Jr.

Maggie Graham, Bartlett, Jr.

Jailynn Tindall, Knox Carter, Sr.

Bryce White, Cane Ridge, Sr.

Analise Jetter, Rossview, Jr.

Piper Fowler, Cleveland, Fr.

Genesis Gilmore, Montgomery Central, Jr.

Riley Burnette, St. Andrew`s-Sewanee School, Sr.

Mercedes Standards, Collierville, Jr.

Chukwuedun Odeigah, Collierville, Sr.

Brette Spink, Clarksville Northwest, Sr.

Elaina Thibeault, Farragut, Sr.

Ella Tallent, Jefferson County, Sr.

Ella Murphey, Hardin Valley, So.

Trinity Lynn, Gibbs, Jr.

Ariyanna Anderson, Creek Wood, Sr.

Isabel Petty, Tullahoma, Sr.

Shaniayha Wysinger, Clarksville, So.

Diamond Young, Cleveland, So.

Valerie Smith, McGavock , Sr.

Emma Tucker, Collierville, Sr.

• Like 1

Chattanoogan…

Allan Jones Honors Bradley Wrestlers For “Closing the Gap”

Monday, May 9, 2022
Allan Jones with wrestling coaches
Allan Jones with wrestling coaches

Businessman Allan Jones – long known as Cleveland wrestling’s biggest supporter – honored crosstown rival Bradley Central on Monday night at the team’s annual banquet.

Jones handed out custom trophies to the Bradley coaching staff and said he had watched wrestling for 50 years but never seen a match as exciting as the TSSAA Finals, held in February in Franklin, TN.

“It was important to be here tonight to give recognition to what is one of the greatest coaching feats I’ve ever seen,” Jones said. “Seeing Bradley close the gap on Cleveland three times this year leading up to the finals made this the greatest year in the Cleveland-Bradley rivalry – and one of the greatest years in Tennessee wrestling history.”

The three instances Jones mentioned were:

Dual Meet (1/13/22) - Cleveland 50, Bradley 18 (32 point deficit, Cleveland won 10 to Bradley's 4).

TSSAA Region Finals (1/27/22) - Cleveland 42, Bradley 23 (19 point deficit, 13 points made up, Cleveland won 9 matches to Bradley's 5)

TSSAA Finals (2/5/22) - Cleveland 34, Bradley 28 – it all came down to the last match. (13 more points made up, Cleveland won 7 matches & Bradley won 7 matches)

Bradley Coaches honored at the banquet were: 

• Ben Smith, Head Coach
  • Bryant Blackmon, Assistant Coach
  • Austin Mathews (only one "t" in his last name), Assistant Coach
  • Justin Anglin, Assistant Coach
  • Shawn Cordell, Assistant Coach
  • Brent Belcher, Assistant Coach
  • Ryan Ensminger, Assistant Coach 
  • Aaron Hicks, Assistant Coach
  • Craig Bennett, Assistant Coach

On Tuesday night, Jones will host the Cleveland wrestling banquet and cheerleading banquet at his Cleveland estate. The Blue Raiders will be honored by the businessman for winning five straight state championships and eight in the last 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Wise Words…

Winning isn’t always about executing your most effective technique, it often comes down to stopping your opponent’s most effective technique.

Kyle Dake didn’t beat Jordan Burroughs to make the Olympic team as a result of his offensive prowess. He was in Beijing because he was successful at stopping Jordan’s legendary, and lethal, double leg. The genius behind it was simple. As soon as Jordan lowered his level to take a shot, Kyle would drop to his knees. Now, don’t mistake my use of these titans of the sport to make a point, both are two of America’s greatest but nothing plays havoc in a competitor’s mind more than the feeling of frustration at not being able to score with ones go-to move.

Decades ago now, I had to face one of America’s greatest wrestlers, a three-time NCAA Champion who was certainly capable in many ways. However, his go-to technique, like Jordan’s double leg, was multiple variations of a fireman’s carry.

Knowing this, I wasn’t interested in finding out how good he was with it. That was already obvious from watching the experiences of others. To counter that, as soon as the match started I put my left arm behind my back, the one he needed for his attacks. The fans thought I was crazy. They couldn’t believe I was willing to wrestle someone at his level of achievement with just one arm.

But in the end, I dominated what should have been an exciting and competitive match. It wasn’t that wrestling on my feet with one arm behind my back was a great idea, but it was really. It took away my opponents go-to takedown and what remained were far less effective attacks.

I told that story at an MMA clinic probably a decade ago now, and recently received this email.

Mr. Schalles . . . I thought that story you told us about wrestling with one arm was hysterical. And, I remembered why you shared it with us. So, I thought I’d write. Four years ago I was fighting Georgie from France. He was a European champion with a devastating double right sleeve, and right lapel grip that he would wind into a hari-goshi. He had beaten the Cuban World Champ and Asian Champion with it. When I had to go against him, I thought of your story and as soon as the match started I put my right arm behind my back. Georgie became frustrated and tried the throw me with just a double lapel grip. He landed on his face and I chicken winged him to his back and 30 seconds later the match was over. Afterward, my entire team wanted to know how I thought to do that. I just said Coach Schalles. Of course none of the judo players on the team ever heard of you, but I will never forget what you did for me.

The story I’m trying to share is; winning isn’t always about what you can do to your opponent, it’s what you can do to stop your opponent from executing on you.

First, you need to determine what you’re going to run into, and then, figure out how you’re going to stop it . . . preferably before the shot happens.

More recently, one of the young men I coach had to wrestle an opponent who would tie-up on the opposite side with a left hand collar tie. I could see the “what do I do now” look on his opponents faces as I watched him in matches.

Like Dake shutting down Burroughs double, it’s quite possible this young man won a lot of matches, not by his offensive prowess, conditioning, or tenacity, but through successfully stopping all of his opponent’s attacks before they happened, by his off-side tie-up.

Additionally, it should be noted, the greater a person’s go-to move is, which is a direct result of extensive drilling, the weaker his secondary shots are.

“So, what do I do,” Austin asked, regarding his match? “It’s simple,” I replied. “Don’t tie-up. Push him away when he tries to engage. Wrestle him from an open stance. You may limit your offensive capability some, but you’ll have totally eliminated his, and in the process, the frustration he used to dump in his opponents lap you’ll dump in his.”

What I’ve tried to convey here is illuminating options to challenges that for all of us at some point, might have seemed difficult to overcome. Winning isn’t always about who has the sharpest claws, sometimes it makes more sense to de-claw the opposition.

Coach  Wade Schalles

• 2 weeks later...

Meet the high school winners from the Middle Tennessee Sports Awards for 2022…

Boys wrestler of the year: Gabe Fisher, MBA, Jr.

Fisher finished the season with a 31-0 record and his second straight state tile in Division II at 220 pounds.

Girls wrestler of the year: Ella'Lina Gonzalez, Clarksville Jr.

It was a perfect season for Gonzalez, finishing 38-0, including a state title at 107 pounds. This was her second straight state championship.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/06/09/middle-tennessee-tssaa-high-school-sports-awards-winners-list-2022/7527515001/

• 1 month later...

Legendary Osceola High wrestling coach, AD, Jim Bird, stepping down

Bird said.  “We have children in Atlanta and Chattanooga and this move will put us a lot closer to them.”

With a streak that started with Alex Eggers winning the 140-pound championship in 2007, Bird has coached at least one individual state wrestling champion for 16 consecutive years.  His teams have finished in the top six of the March tournament for the same 16 years, including winning a state team title in 2009 and finishing second five times (2007, 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2014).
In all, 17 different wrestlers have claimed a total of 32 state championships under Bird. In the five years since the FHSAA added a State Dual Championship, Bird’s teams have never failed to advance to at least the quarterfinals of that event, finishing as state runner-up in 2020. 

https://www.aroundosceola.com/sports/legendary-osceola-high-wrestling-coach-ad-jim-bird-stepping-down

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Uhorchuk trio leads Signal Mountain wrestling team hungry for more titles

November 17, 2022 at 6:30 p.m.

by Patrick MacCoon

102583534_Ethan-2_t800.jpg?90232451fbcad Staff file photo by Patrick MacCoon / Signal Mountain sophomore Ethan Uhorchuk, left, has a pair of individual state titles and helped the Eagles win their first team state championship with the TSSAA Class A duals title last winter.

For those hoping Signal Mountain might slack off on the wrestling mats after breaking through to win its first team state championship this past February, bad news awaits.

The Eagles return 11 of 14 starters from the lineup that won the TSSAA Class A state duals title, including all three Uhorchuk brothers: Caleb (senior), Ethan (sophomore) and JoJo (freshman). The influential trio combined for 127 wins and just three losses in a memorable 2021-22 season, and they are hungry for even greater success.

"It's challenging to get to the top, but it's even harder to stay there," Ethan said. "We have worked all summer because we didn't win the state traditional tournament. We really want to accomplish that. The energy is high in our wrestling room, and we continue to push ourselves because we want to win it all."

Caleb, who has committed to wrestle in college for Army, led the Eagles with 45 wins last season on his way to winning a third straight individual state championship. He pinned all four opponents on the way to the 120-pound weight class title after winning at 113 as a sophomore and 106 as a freshman.

Ethan pummeled his opponents to earn 59 points in his final three matches at state that ended with technical falls in the 113-pound bracket. JoJo lost 3-1 in the 106-pound final to Greeneville's Carson Dupill for his only defeat of the season despite wrestling as an eighth grader against varsity competition.

Over the summer, JoJo won a middle school national championship, Caleb became a two-time All-American with a third-place finish at high school nationals in Virginia Beach, and Ethan placed at the Grappler Fall Classic in Michigan.

"The Uhorchuk brothers don't know what an off day is," Signal Mountain coach Houston Clements said. "We will come in and lift and then practice. After we are done, they go downtown to the Minion training center for a whole new practice. They are such a great influence on the other guys. They set the tone for this team with their work ethic. A lot of these guys have come up seeing the Uhorchuks dominate the mats, and that becomes the expectation."

Sophomore Jackson Davis is also expected to be a state champion contender at 160 pounds after piling up 35 wins to go with region and sectional individual titles in his first season. Daniel Odom and Jackson Owens are back after winning 30-plus matches last season despite wrestling through injuries.

Ian Bryant and Jaxon Quails are returning state qualifiers, and Brandon Clifford, Luke Higdon, Eben Shriner and Jacob Winchester could provide even more quality to the lineup.

The Eagles are not short of great minds, either, as the coaching staff is seven deep, including assistant coach/athletic director Brian Beasley, who helped lead Georgia's Chattooga High School to a state title in 2020.

"Everyone getting a taste of winning state last year was great," Clements said. "We want to stay on top, so we are working hard and grinding every day. These guys are already in midseason form, and we haven't even started."

Contact Patrick MacCoon at pmaccoon@timesfreepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @PMacCoon.

———————-

Herald Courier …

WOMEN’S COLLEGE WRESTLING

King still 2nd in NWCA pollThe King University women’s wrestling team remains ranked second in the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) rankings. King has 12 individuals ranked, the most out of any team in the poll.

For the second straight poll, the Tornado are second behind North Central College. King had 85 points while North Central earned 97 points. Colorado Mesa University (77 points), McKendree University (70 points) and Augsburg University (51 points) round out the top five. King (12), North Central (11) and Colorado Mesa (10) were the only schools with at least 10 individuals ranked.

King, which has two individuals ranked at four weight classes, returns to action on November 30 in their first dual of the season at Emory & Henry College.

Edited by soms2