A/AA West Tennessee 2016

YaBoyAlex

Obion doesn't have lights so I hope they would not qualify to host...

and, sorry not noah, but you know how I feel about your field...those power lines that cross midfield just mess up play.  Doing the drop ball if the ball hits them then drops down is not an acceptable solution for me.  D-burg has the new turf field which is playable any-time with great stadium seats and bathrooms and concessions. 

Edited by JOE23

Did you enjoy the game last night? Heck of a performance by Dyersburg. You guys had us pinned back for a while. Also I was hoping to get your thoughts on how the ref ended both halfs. A clear 1v1 for Dyersburg when he blew the first half whistle and a clear offensive opportunity for SGC off a free kick about 25 yards out to end the second half.  

I agree it was a heck of a good game....I thought we had good officials....two top players from usj and a soccer coach but I didn't agree with the first half whistle when we had advantage and going in to try to score OR the game ending whistle which took away your free-kick.  I think letting each play go through would have been a better choice.

I agree it was a heck of a good game....I thought we had good officials....two top players from usj and a soccer coach but I didn't agree with the first half whistle when we had advantage and going in to try to score OR the game ending whistle which took away your free-kick.  I think letting each play go through would have been a better choice.

Agreed, that was my only criticism of the game. Other then that I thought they did a fine job.  

and, sorry not noah, but you know how I feel about your field...those power lines that cross midfield just mess up play.  Doing the drop ball if the ball hits them then drops down is not an acceptable solution for me.  D-burg has the new turf field which is playable any-time with great stadium seats and bathrooms and concessions. 

yeah so no other probs with the refs other than the wires across the field....some refs let the play go on and some refs blow the whistle and then do a drop ball???  not happy with either....the home team knows to avoid the wires but visiting team are at a disadvantage... hence, I do not think this field should ever be used in ANY district play..... This field is an anomaly and  therefore our refs are not sure and divided as how to handle it...some let play continue  and some stop play and do a "drop ball"    this..... to me, is  not an acceptable decision either way..This  field should not  be a field where any recordable play happens....

yeah so no other probs with the refs other than the wires across the field....some refs let the play go on and some refs blow the whistle and then do a drop ball??? not happy with either....the home team knows to avoid the wires but visiting team are at a disadvantage... hence, I do not think this field should ever be used in ANY district play..... This field is an anomaly and therefore our refs are not sure and divided as how to handle it...some let play continue and some stop play and do a "drop ball" this..... to me, is not an acceptable decision either way..This field should not be a field where any recordable play happens....

Sorry not every school has the money for immaculate fields like turf fields. And we both hit the power lines once. We don't spend time learning how to avoid the power lines.

yeah so no other probs with the refs other than the wires across the field....some refs let the play go on and some refs blow the whistle and then do a drop ball???  not happy with either....the home team knows to avoid the wires but visiting team are at a disadvantage... hence, I do not think this field should ever be used in ANY district play..... This field is an anomaly and  therefore our refs are not sure and divided as how to handle it...some let play continue  and some stop play and do a "drop ball"    this..... to me, is  not an acceptable decision either way..This  field should not  be a field where any recordable play happens....

I agree with you.  This field in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to play on.  The power lines are a major disadvantage.  A goalie's kick down the field or even a pass or clear in the air are more than likely gonna touch the power lines at least once a game.  That could be the difference in a goal or not.  Not every school has money for turf fields, but no soccer field should be played on with power lines clearly in the way of play.