Favorites in Class A in 2016-2017

EastTNfan20

If they play like they did all last year and stay healthy, they probably will be champs again. I'm curious to see how Middleton, Gibson, Pickett, and Clarkrange do this year against them if they meet

South Greene should consider themselves lucky that Gibson County upset Middleton in the semi's. Otherwise, we would be talking about a 3 peat for Middleton. Depending on the matchups in the quarters, I foresee MIddleton matching up with South Greene and Middleton bringing home their second gold ball in three years. South Greene has great basketball players, Middleton has great athletes and great basketball players! Mark it down and remember you heard it here first! Edited by burnalittle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Greene should consider themselves lucky that Gibson County upset Middleton in the semi's. Otherwise, we would be talking about a 3 peat for Middleton. Depending on the matchups in the quarters, I foresee MIddleton matching up with South Greene and Middleton bringing home their second gold ball in three years. South Greene has great basketball players, Middleton has great athletes and great basketball players! Mark it down and remember you heard it here first!

Next time you post on here do your research first, cause I'm pretty South Greene has made it to the state championship in volleyball the past 2 out of 3 years plus 7 trips to the state tournament in a row. There is only one girl on last year's roster that wasn't on the volleyball team. Ohhhh and South Greene softball made a substate appearance this year with basketball girls also... (Softball lost to eventual state champion)

OK, if we are playing the what if game, if South Greene boxes out the free throw shooter with less than a minute left against Middleton two years ago then Middleton may not have any gold balls. I know that is part of the game but it is no different than saying SG was lucky that a team that they beat for the gold ball beat another team.

South Greene should consider themselves lucky that Gibson County upset Middleton in the semi's. Otherwise, we would be talking about a 3 peat for Middleton. Depending on the matchups in the quarters, I foresee MIddleton matching up with South Greene and Middleton bringing home their second gold ball in three years. South Greene has great basketball players, Middleton has great athletes and great basketball players! Mark it down and remember you heard it here first!

Middleton was hands down the best 1A team year before last...I said so before Deja Faulkner tore her ACL, and said that even without her they would probably still win it all.

Having said that...South Greene was last season's best. There have been years where maybe the best team was "upset" and didn't win the tournament, but that didn't happen last year or the year before. Middleton has sustained a high level while cycling through players and will be tough again this season, but South Greene wears the hypothetical "bullseye" on their back this year for a reason...until someone knocks them out of contention, they are every sane person's #1 pick to hoist the gold ball.

Is Clarkrange the team with the whiny coach?

You HAVE to be thinking of someone else. Coach Rogers, with over 1100 wins, stands by the bench and quietly gives instructions (but mostly doesn't have to since this team is so well coached), never yells or carries on like so many coaches. He is in the Hall of Fame and is one of the most respected coaches in Tennessee.

Pickett County is quicker than last year and went 20-1 this summer. I don't know if they can match up to last year's team, but they will be very good again.