Smoky Mountain Cup 2016

WillieTheWildcat

I did some looking for information on the Fort Payne Wildcat soccer team and found out they are 12-4-2 on the season. They just played in  the Chattanooga Baylor soccer tournament where they defeated the host Baylor team while losing two other matcher.

The 2015 team won the Alabama Class 5 -A state tournament. It is clear that the Oak Ridge Soccercats will have to be ready for tonight's 9 pm match.

RWR

Fort Payne is now 11 - 4 -2 after defeating the Oak Ridge Soccercats 4 - 3 on Friday night. Next up for ORHS is Dormin, who dropped a match 3 - 2 to Station Camp. Game time is Saturday at 9:50 sm.

Knoxville Farragut also lost a heart breaker 3 - 2 to Omaha South High School. The Admirals now play Saturday at 9:50 am against St. George's Independence School.

Oak Ridge and Farragut will play today at  5 pm IF both teams win this morning. Either way both teams play again at 5 pm.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

We just finished this Tournament a few hours ago (Alcoa). I really like this tournament, it is well run and the location is very easy to get to with by and large all the fields are good. Here is how we did:

Alcoa 3 Sullivan South 2

Alcoa 1 Campbell County 1

Alcoa 4 Clinton 1

My only complaint, and it is no big deal, is that no one should have to play twice on one of the football fields. We played on one of the football fields today with no scoreboard and the field was really small. Again, not a major issue at all, just my thoughts. 

I would recommend this tournament to anyone. We are bringing our girls in the fall and I would think we will make this a part of both teams schedules going forward. 

A great tournament!!

I can't figure out the brackets...earlier today the brackets had Oak Ridge playing Farragut but now they have something totally different. Well, anyway here is what they have for the OR soccercats. Oak Ridge defeated St. George's Independent School 6 - 3.for 7th Place.

Farragut defeated Dorman (SC) 6 - 3 for 5th place.

Oak Ridge returns back to District play at Knoxville Powell on Tuesday.