7-AAA 2016

MTSN

Here is a link to the district standings, and a composite schedule, just like what David Limbaugh puts together for baseball:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g-YqJye4ubmwFSGC3ZBgfda4COBy8FM-LUei7DQDgUc/edit?usp=sharing

I usually add in tournament information the night before tournaments start, since those schedules can always change (weather, teams dropping out, etc.).

This week, Rounds 6 and 7 of district play will take place. Riverdale will play in the TSCA Tournament this weekend, while the other 7-AAA teams will be concentrating on the RuCo JV Tournament.

Edited by MTSN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Siegel and Oakland share the regular season title. Siegel will be the 1 seed in the district tournament, having given up fewer runs than Oakland in their two regular season meetings (the two teams split those games).

Stewarts Creek will be the 3 seed for the district tournament, having beaten Riverdale in both of their regular season meetings."

Thanks for adding the tie breaker explanation to the google docs page. I was wondering how they would break the tie for 1st.

If Blackman had beaten Riverdale on Tuesday, they and Stewarts Creek would've finished the regular season tied at 6-6. Since they split their regular season games, they would've had to go to the second tiebreaker, which is "Record against seeded teams". I'm not sure how that one would've worked out, because they were both swept by Oakland and Siegel; they both swept LaVergne; but Stewarts Creek split with Smyrna, whereas Blackman swept Smyrna; and Blackman would've split with Riverdale, whereas Stewarts Creek swept the Lady Warriors. Glad the tiebreakers were the ones you could easily figure out.