Oak Ridge Soccercats

WillieTheWildcat

I suppose, but every team has ebbs and flows year to year with seniors.  Maybe the same was said last year about Oak Ridge and Hardin Valley.  The primary goalscorer for each of Maryville, OR, Farragut, and Bearden this season are seniors.  Each team has seniors that matter greatly.  Maryville has excellent seniors, and quite a few of them, but they also start or play at least two-three sophomores and several juniors.  Each of the four teams have excellent senior players that will be missed.

Yeah you're right about that. We will miss Jose greatly. I guess Vinyard will have to assume that role next year.

Jose is excellent, and him getting loose is the best chance they have against Maryville.  Between him, Farragut's striker, and the couple at Bearden and Maryville, I believe the scoring options in the area will drop off significantly next year.  This "98" class in the area was spectacular ... arguably the best ever because of the accomplishments of the 98 Alliance team and the few remaining 97s that were also seniors.

But you are right.  Vinyard, the two mids at Bearden, and younger talent at a couple of other schools proves that there will be some very strong midfield talent next year, and it will be interesting to see how they are all used.

Wow.  Great win for Oak Ridge tonight!  For those there, was the final score a fair result for how the game went?

Honestly, I thought Maryville pretty much controlled the play in the 1st half. 2nd half I thought was about even, but just my opinion. It was a great great game. Very exciting. Maryville has a fantastic team. Don't think we can beat Bearden @ Bearden, but we will give it a go!

Bearden a bit too much for the Cats. Just too much offensive firepower. Proud of our boys effort, though. Now go win Saturday.

I just saw Dobyns Bennett at 3.

Good luck Cats.  I'll be cheering for you.

Jose, get to work!  (You are allowed to use your right foot, too, by the way).

Edited by BigG