• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
WillieTheWildcat

Oak Ridge Soccercats

I talked to my nephew tonight and he said he played against Jose Rodriquez in a Soccercat vs  ORHS alumni game and he told me Jose has a really hard shot.

Lets hope the Soccercats do well in the tournaments.

RWR

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Who we play next and when?

The Soccercats will play Maryville at the ORHS soccer field Tuesday at 7pm.

Maryville (14 - 4 - 2 ) lost Saturday 1 - 0 to Bearden. Maryville defeated Oak Ridge 1 - 4 in early May.

Jose Rodriquez is on fire for the Cats right now scoring 4 goals and adding 3 assists in OR's 10 - 2 victory over Halls in the District 3-AAA finals.

RWR

The Soccercats will play Maryville at the ORHS soccer field Tuesday at 7pm.

Maryville (14 - 4 - 2 ) lost Saturday 1 - 0 to Bearden. Maryville defeated Oak Ridge 1 - 4 in early May.

Jose Rodriquez is on fire for the Cats right now scoring 4 goals and adding 3 assists in OR's 10 - 2 victory over Halls in the District 3-AAA finals.

RWR

10-2 district FINAL?

Wow.

10-2 district FINAL?

Wow.

District 3-AAA was very weak this season, outside of Oak Ridge. OR is good, but they were handled by both Farragut and Maryville earlier this month. Compared to 4-AAA, 3-AAA always has their work cut out for them.

Osunut2 is correct.  Having watched many teams from 4-AAA and 3-AAA this season, I would argue that there were at least 6 teams in 4-AAA better than the 2nd best team in 3-AAA.  

Bearden beat Halls in Region semis 10-0 last night.  With a good player for Maryville out with a red card, anything can happen in their other Region semifinal tonight against Oak Ridge, but my money would still be on a result for Maryville.   No disrespect to Oak Ridge, as they always have a wonderful program, but this year at full strength Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were all better teams.

• Upvote 1

Osunut2 is correct.  Having watched many teams from 4-AAA and 3-AAA this season, I would argue that there were at least 6 teams in 4-AAA better than the 2nd best team in 3-AAA.  

Bearden beat Halls in Region semis 10-0 last night.  With a good player for Maryville out with a red card, anything can happen in their other Region semifinal tonight against Oak Ridge, but my money would still be on a result for Maryville.   No disrespect to Oak Ridge, as they always have a wonderful program, but this year at full strength Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were all better teams.

Totally agree, on all points.

I suppose, but every team has ebbs and flows year to year with seniors.  Maybe the same was said last year about Oak Ridge and Hardin Valley.  The primary goalscorer for each of Maryville, OR, Farragut, and Bearden this season are seniors.  Each team has seniors that matter greatly.  Maryville has excellent seniors, and quite a few of them, but they also start or play at least two-three sophomores and several juniors.  Each of the four teams have excellent senior players that will be missed.