Oak Ridge Soccercats

WillieTheWildcat

Who we play next and when?

The Soccercats will play Maryville at the ORHS soccer field Tuesday at 7pm.

Maryville (14 - 4 - 2 ) lost Saturday 1 - 0 to Bearden. Maryville defeated Oak Ridge 1 - 4 in early May.

Jose Rodriquez is on fire for the Cats right now scoring 4 goals and adding 3 assists in OR's 10 - 2 victory over Halls in the District 3-AAA finals.

RWR

The Soccercats will play Maryville at the ORHS soccer field Tuesday at 7pm.

Maryville (14 - 4 - 2 ) lost Saturday 1 - 0 to Bearden. Maryville defeated Oak Ridge 1 - 4 in early May.

Jose Rodriquez is on fire for the Cats right now scoring 4 goals and adding 3 assists in OR's 10 - 2 victory over Halls in the District 3-AAA finals.

RWR

10-2 district FINAL?

Wow.

Osunut2 is correct.  Having watched many teams from 4-AAA and 3-AAA this season, I would argue that there were at least 6 teams in 4-AAA better than the 2nd best team in 3-AAA.  

Bearden beat Halls in Region semis 10-0 last night.  With a good player for Maryville out with a red card, anything can happen in their other Region semifinal tonight against Oak Ridge, but my money would still be on a result for Maryville.   No disrespect to Oak Ridge, as they always have a wonderful program, but this year at full strength Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were all better teams.

• Upvote 1

Osunut2 is correct.  Having watched many teams from 4-AAA and 3-AAA this season, I would argue that there were at least 6 teams in 4-AAA better than the 2nd best team in 3-AAA.  

Bearden beat Halls in Region semis 10-0 last night.  With a good player for Maryville out with a red card, anything can happen in their other Region semifinal tonight against Oak Ridge, but my money would still be on a result for Maryville.   No disrespect to Oak Ridge, as they always have a wonderful program, but this year at full strength Maryville, Bearden, and Farragut were all better teams.

Totally agree, on all points.

I suppose, but every team has ebbs and flows year to year with seniors.  Maybe the same was said last year about Oak Ridge and Hardin Valley.  The primary goalscorer for each of Maryville, OR, Farragut, and Bearden this season are seniors.  Each team has seniors that matter greatly.  Maryville has excellent seniors, and quite a few of them, but they also start or play at least two-three sophomores and several juniors.  Each of the four teams have excellent senior players that will be missed.