Class AAA Final 8

CoachOfManySports10

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far the best AAA team in west Tn this year is Henry Co. but they got upset and put out so I dont know. I saw them play several games and it is a shame that they will not be there. I think they were like 42-1 at one time. Just goes to show you have to show up every game. Clarksville and Dickson Co. will be good.

By far the best AAA team in west Tn this year is Henry Co. but they got upset and put out so I dont know. I saw them play several games and it is a shame that they will not be there. I think they were like 42-1 at one time. Just goes to show you have to show up every game. Clarksville and Dickson Co. will be good.

What makes those two teams good? Pitching, hitting, or just all around pretty good? Really curious about the Dickson County team. Not many common opponents, losses from teams in AL?

What makes those two teams good? Pitching, hitting, or just all around pretty good? Really curious about the Dickson County team. Not many common opponents, losses from teams in AL?

Not real sure on details. From what I hear just all around solid teams. We are AA so I know more about those teams.

Does anyone have information on any teams in the final 8? I am from East Tenn. and do not know much about any teams aside from Gibbs and Seymour. Who are your top 3 with the best chance to win? :ugeek:

This is an interesting draw, especially with Ooltewah, Soddy Daisy, and Henry County all out. Overall, I think Siegel is the team to beat. They've been great in all 3 phases of the game, and they played a tough schedule; they went 6-0 against Stewarts Creek this season, 2-0 against Soddy Daisy, and they crushed Arlington at the Commando Classic back in March. Dickson County is probably #2, and they've probably got the "easiest" road to the final. After those two, it's a crap shoot. I'll take a stab at the first round results:

Dickson County over Seymour

Stewarts Creek over Brighton (toss-up game)

Gibbs over Arlington

Siegel over Clarksville

Dickson can do it all. Swing it, throw it and catch it. 4th consecutive trip to State, so they've got the experience and confidence. Confidence is huge in high school sports. They got a shut down pitcher they'll ride the whole way. I caught one Clarksville game this year, they look to be tough out too. Nothing on any of the other teams. But, it's high school kids, so anything could happen. Looks to be decent weather for the week, maybe a shower here or there. I just wish the TSSAA would come up with a better schedule. Too hard to get to the games in the middle of the week and middle of the day. Feel bad for the parents of kids from West and East TN. If your kid goes all the way, that's almost a whole week off from work and a week's worth of outrageous hotel prices.

Does anyone have information on any teams in the final 8? I am from East Tenn. and do not know much about any teams aside from Gibbs and Seymour. Who are your top 3 with the best chance to win? :ugeek:

Gibbs looked great against Arlington. Tough matchup against Siegel later today.

Seymour just couldn't get any offense going against Dickson County, but the loss to Brighton was brutal. 5-0 lead in the bottom of the 6th, and a 2-out error leads to a 6-run inning for Brighton.

I believe Hendersonville ended Henry County's season, not Clarksville. Clarksville did have Henry's number this year. Dickson Co. advances again today, beating Stewart's Creek 2-0. From what I have seen, I would put my money on a Siegel/Dickson championship.

Not sure you can call it an upset they beat them 3 times this year