Boone @ South - season opener Aug 19

blazer1set

Hearing from the North fans that they had their way with the Rebels in a scrimmage recently. I have not gotten to keep up with this years version of the Rebels so I have no clue what the story is behind the scenes. I thought that North was losing several of their skill players this year so I don't know what to expect.

Hearing from the North fans that they had their way with the Rebels in a scrimmage recently. I have not gotten to keep up with this years version of the Rebels so I have no clue what the story is behind the scenes. I thought that North was losing several of their skill players this year so I don't know what to expect.

North was more physical and seemed to be in better shape than South.  With the starters it was 3TD's for North to 2TD's for South and South didn't run their #1 or #2 RB at all.  Poor tackling in the secondary allowed 2 of North's TD's.  South will need to grow up quick in the secondary, they have good athletes in those positions.  North's D line gave our O line trouble.  South's QB ran well when needed.  I honestly think it will take a few games before we really gel, that's why I think the Boone game will be a toss up.

Boone just got demolished by Greeneville on Friday, so it is really hard to tell where Boone stands.

Sometimes it comes down to who wants it the most.

And let's not forget conditioning....  hard to play football in this type of heat, so it may come down to depth as well.    As a fan I hate rain games but that might actually be best for the guys on the field because it's so hot...

Last thing, just hope for a clean game regardless of the outcome.    Boone is still on probation from that Crockett altercation in 2014 and cannot afford another incident.      Some of you may remember the Boone/South bench clearing brawl from a few years ago, don't want to see that again

Boone just got demolished by Greeneville on Friday, so it is really hard to tell where Boone stands.

Sometimes it comes down to who wants it the most.

And let's not forget conditioning.... hard to play football in this type of heat, so it may come down to depth as well. As a fan I hate rain games but that might actually be best for the guys on the field because it's so hot...

Last thing, just hope for a clean game regardless of the outcome. Boone is still on probation from that Crockett altercation in 2014 and cannot afford another incident. Some of you may remember the Boone/South bench clearing brawl from a few years ago, don't want to see that again

I have always called this the backyard brawl because of the schools locations and the fact that some of these kids are even neighbors. Several years ago when my oldest son was playing for South his best friend played for Boone.

Hey SSHS - who are those #1 and #2 running backs for South this year?

I have always called this the backyard brawl because of the schools locations and the fact that some of these kids are even neighbors. Several years ago when my oldest son was playing for South his best friend played for Boone.

Hey SSHS - who are those #1 and #2 running backs for South this year?

Lovell and Strickler are the top 2 returning RB's from last year.  From what I can tell they have a lot of kids shuffling in and out though since these two are far to important at LB to let them rest on D.

Openers don't define the season, but they sure set the tone. If either of these programs have any hope of making the playoffs this year, they'll have to win this one. It will be an uphill battle to salvage anything respectable for the loser.

I've always believed scrimmaging up will prepare a team better for the season, provided there aren't a rash of injuries and the kids don't get too discouraged. If that's indeed the case, advantage to Boone for going against Greenies.

FWIW

Boone's record vs. South = 7-28

# Games = 35

Years played = 1983-2015

Points (Boone/South) = 478/871

Last year Boone won = 2013

All fans please remember that this game is on Thursday night

Nice Stats blazer, one correction though, Boone last won in 2012.  South was loaded in 2013 and 2014.