Team Tennessee Sunbelt Classic

Team Tennessee will play fo the Sunbelt Classic championship tonight at 7:00 in McAlester, OK. after posting a 9-1 record in pool play. They will face an undefeated Mississippi team. Team consist of 19  Jr and Sophmore players across the state that are committed to the following:

Vandy-7 , Tenn-3, Memphis-2, Mississippi-1, Mississippi State-1, Louisana Tech-1,Middle Tennessee-1, Louisiville-1,

Coaches-Chris Parker-PJP

Chris Ring-Arlington 

Brad Smith, Tipton Rosemark, Jeff Manier-Collierville 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to add that Evan Russell (jr. Scotts Hill) went 13 of 14 from the plate for the series and was named tournament MVP...Has a meeting with UT soon, and has been receiving calls from major league teams. Pretty impressive vs. the best pitching and gloves in the country...Congrat's Evan!!!

I'd like to add that Evan Russell (jr. Scotts Hill) went 13 of 14 from the plate for the series and was named tournament MVP...Has a meeting with UT soon, and has been receiving calls from major league teams. Pretty impressive vs. the best pitching and gloves in the country...Congrat's Evan!!!

Evan had a great tournament but the pitching was not the best in the country.  Sunbelt is a very good tournament but simply not the best.  Evan Russell needs to play for the top EC team, NorCal, Bayside Yankees, Midland, etc...where he will see great pitching every week.  This would prepare him for the MLB draft.

Evan had a great tournament but the pitching was not the best in the country.  Sunbelt is a very good tournament but simply not the best.  Evan Russell needs to play for the top EC team, NorCal, Bayside Yankees, Midland, etc...where he will see great pitching every week.  This would prepare him for the MLB draft.

Evan faced the same pitching as the rest of the highly touted players on Team Tennessee...17 DI signee's to some of the best baseball schools in the nation. I'm not knocking the others, or proclaiming Evan "best player on the team", but I'd like to hear your argument against it if you have one. Evan is a great kid from a little ole 1A team that I happen to root for...you'll have to excuse me for being proud of one of my own, and letting the world know it.

Evan faced the same pitching as the rest of the highly touted players on Team Tennessee...17 DI signee's to some of the best baseball schools in the nation. I'm not knocking the others, or proclaiming Evan "best player on the team", but I'd like to hear your argument against it if you have one. Evan is a great kid from a little ole 1A team that I happen to root for...you'll have to excuse me for being proud of one of my own, and letting the world know it.

Evan is a great player but because he attends a "little ole 1a school" he will not receive the exposure required to demand the big $$$ in the mlb draft.  The teams that I mentioned earlier would provide him with that exposure each time they play.  As a position player he needs to prove that he can play at an elite level each time out and did not just have one great tournament if he wants the big bucks.

Edited by cbg

Maybe Evan will receive the exposure that he needs at the University of Tennessee, where he just committed. He said that UT was his first choice if he could play anywhere that he wanted, so I'd say that all's well that ends well. Very proud of Mr. Russell...not for having the talent to play DI ball at the school of his choice (that's God's handiwork), but for being such a well mannered and personable young man...UT is getting their money's worth off the field as well.

Well I got to personally see this young man compete in the State Tournament this year and there is no doubt, that he can play. He is as competitive of a player as I have seen, he plays the game right and he is a "bulldog" he will do great at the next level. I am very happy for this young man. Good luck Evan.

I assure everyone reading this that Evan is not looking for the big bucks, all though he will this fall in the deer stand , lol. He is a kid that loves to play baseball , he is a hitter and how far he goes will depend on how he develops. Already done more than most. He cherishes the two rings he has and realizes how blessed he is. There are alot of players out there but not one with more heart!!

I assure you that Evan and the entire Team Tennessee saw plenty of good pitching at the Sunbelt Classic. Almost every team threw their best against Team Tennessee. Evan and the entire Team Tennessee will do very well at the next level and were an exciting group to watch.