6A Region 2

PIONEERS12

I was unaware that this region was reigning supreme. Who beat Maryville?

Riverdale?

Siegel?

Smyrna?

Blackman?

Oakland?

I've seen Pearl-Cohn beat Maryville in 1997.

I've seen Hillsboro beat Maryville in 2008.

I've seen White Station beat Maryville in 2009.

I've seen Whitehaven beat Maryville in 2012.

I've seen Ravenwood beat Maryville in 2015.

None of those teams are in Region 2-6A (aka "The SEC of Tennessee High School Football").

It is in all likelihood the best region from top to bottom in Division I across the state when it comes to competitiveness. None of the teams in the region have proven to be able to beat Maryville.

You will have to go back to 1995 when Smyrna beat Maryville. Don't think he was saying the All Mighty Maryville is a lesser team.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have seen all the region 1 teams play but know nothing about region 2.  You have to say the top 4 seeds from Region 2 are huge favorites.  Of course, Maryville is a big favorite as well.   The key games are Bradley/Cookeville  Hardin Valley / Warren County and Science Hill / Siegel

I believe the Bradley Central QB is out with an injury.   He is one of the better players in the state and they are a different team without him,  Cookeville could pull off an upset in this game if they can put 21 or more points on the board.

Hardin Valley is a good football team with good size but they don't throw the ball a lot.  A team with a physical run defense could limit their scoring.  I know nothing about Warren County but I am looking for input from those who do here.

Science Hill has been an up and down team.  They have some good skill players and their offense has been clicking the past few games.   They pretty well moved the ball at will teh past few games (of course that was against Dobyns Bennett, Jefferson County and William Blount's  defenses).   Defense is pretty sound but some teams have had success running the ball.  A team with a good running game could score some points.

I have seen all the region 1 teams play but know nothing about region 2.  You have to say the top 4 seeds from Region 2 are huge favorites.  Of course, Maryville is a big favorite as well.   The key games are Bradley/Cookeville  Hardin Valley / Warren County and Science Hill / Siegel

I believe the Bradley Central QB is out with an injury.   He is one of the better players in the state and they are a different team without him,  Cookeville could pull off an upset in this game if they can put 21 or more points on the board.

Hardin Valley is a good football team with good size but they don't throw the ball a lot.  A team with a physical run defense could limit their scoring.  I know nothing about Warren County but I am looking for input from those who do here.

Science Hill has been an up and down team.  They have some good skill players and their offense has been clicking the past few games.   They pretty well moved the ball at will teh past few games (of course that was against Dobyns Bennett, Jefferson County and William Blount's  defenses).   Defense is pretty sound but some teams have had success running the ball.  A team with a good running game could score some points.

I think we are on the same page here... where i see good options for region 2 is the Siegel game and Cookeville  

Siegel has good speed a solid line on both sides a giant for a qb and a kicker that can nail it from the 50 ( no joke ) kicked multiple 55 yard kicks with plenty leg left on it. 

Cookeville can be dangerous, just look back at what they did to a pretty good Riverdale defense. They were able to contain Warriors run game and limit big plays. 

Warren county is getting the ship turned around up there and could suprise us all in this one.