Dobyns-Bennett Football 2016

tribe141

Hey DB, your 2nd opponent is ranked #2 in 5A.     You need a solid win against the Vikings to work out all the kinks and get ready for OR, who is going to be very tough on the road.    If you can start the season 2-0 then I think you are in for a very prosperous year.    You had OR beat last year and let it slip away at the last minute.

DB 38     Tenn High 6

DB 23     Oak Ridge 21

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/247188-2016-preseason-class-5a-coaches-poll/

concessions will do well

Well coming in here and seeing we have no chance is about par for the course I suppose. D-B really can't get any worse than last year. I might be alone here but I felt the scoreline was misleading to how the game was going at halftime during last year's game. Course that didn't matter because the team quit completely which seemed to be a trend all last season. Praying that's not a problem and we give y'all 100% all 4 quarters and not just in the warm-ups and opening kickoff like last time. Either way I'm just ready for football.

Guest footballfan100

Batman, how did your 7 on 7 go yesterday? I understood that there was 4 or 5 teams there which made it a great showing?  we had 1 vs Greeneville and it was a very good and competitive event to say the least? Greenville looked really good.  im not sure of the final score because of the way the coaches ran the game but it was really close for the most part. 

Well coming in here and seeing we have no chance is about par for the course I suppose. D-B really can't get any worse than last year. I might be alone here but I felt the scoreline was misleading to how the game was going at halftime during last year's game. Course that didn't matter because the team quit completely which seemed to be a trend all last season. Praying that's not a problem and we give y'all 100% all 4 quarters and not just in the warm-ups and opening kickoff like last time. Either way I'm just ready for football.

I saw that opening game last year.   The THS tackling was just non-existent.    If you guys could make a tackle the final would have been much closer, although DB was still clearly the better team.    BTW, we went 1-9 last year so this is not a criticism, more of an observation by a neutral fan.

I'm coming to the Eastman Big House for the Red Rebels game. Hoping Stars has a cherry picker mounted on his garbage truck so we can see from the other side. I'm sure those seats up top are too expensive for me. City taxes are keeping me broke.

The Rebels are the most disciplined and well coached team I have ever seen at any level, hands down....    However, with that being said, I doubt they have ever played a regular season game in a stadium like DB's and I think that they will be intimidated......   at first......   But then going back to the opening statement, the Rebels will begin to pull away the 2nd half.     But I think you are in for a close contest for a couple of quarters.

INDIANS - what can you do to capitalize on basically a first half Rebel fog?    Can you dig down and find the inner fortitude to stand toe to toe with them the 2nd half?     Can you find a 2nd half gear that you didn't know existed?    Can you execute flawlessly and make them earn it?

Batman, how did your 7 on 7 go yesterday? I understood that there was 4 or 5 teams there which made it a great showing?  we had 1 vs Greeneville and it was a very good and competitive event to say the least? Greenville looked really good.  im not sure of the final score because of the way the coaches ran the game but it was really close for the most part. 

100,I couldn't tell you anything right now,I still like a lot of the kids and some of the coaches but can't stomach a lot of things that this program has done and some of those within the system.I hope your boy is doing well,I know you have a great group over there in JC.I played for the Devils many years ago and like to watch them when the playoffs get going when I can,big time when they play for the title.Where I really missed the boat for my kids and their high school sports was not putting them in green.One would have still been playing to match his brothers state titles instead of walking away from sports.Best of luck this year .

I'm coming to the Eastman Big House for the Red Rebels game. Hoping Stars has a cherry picker mounted on his garbage truck so we can see from the other side. I'm sure those seats up top are too expensive for me. City taxes are keeping me broke.

Eye've allreddy ben werkin' on hit cd.....Eye thank eye've hit on sumthin'.... :popcorneater:

Keith-Holt_0603.jpg

The Rebels are the most disciplined and well coached team I have ever seen at any level, hands down....    However, with that being said, I doubt they have ever played a regular season game in a stadium like DB's and I think that they will be intimidated...... 

b1set....ant no dowt weal bee skeert.... :unsure:

The Rebels are the most disciplined and well coached team I have ever seen at any level, hands down....    However, with that being said, I doubt they have ever played a regular season game in a stadium like DB's and I think that they will be intimidated......   at first......   But then going back to the opening statement, the Rebels will begin to pull away the 2nd half.     But I think you are in for a close contest for a couple of quarters.

INDIANS - what can you do to capitalize on basically a first half Rebel fog?    Can you dig down and find the inner fortitude to stand toe to toe with them the 2nd half?     Can you find a 2nd half gear that you didn't know existed?    Can you execute flawlessly and make them earn it?

You're kidding right???  Please tell me you're kidding.

• Upvote 1

Now guys, calm down, I never said that DB was going to beat the Rebels.    But I think the 1st half will be way closer than you think.    Yes, Maryville will get over the "upper deck" and all at some point and play their usual methodical destroy-the-opposition type of football.     Several kids have talked about an intimidation factor in this stadium.    Come on, how many High schools in TN have anything like this?      I predict that Maryville will be playing the 1's into the 4th quarter.     Once again, Maryville will win, no doubt about that.