West Tennessee Watchlist

thenewguy85

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some of the players to keep a eye on this upcoming year in this area? Not Memphis but the West Tennessee area.

Myron McKinney (Halls)... Gave BTW all they could handle at sectionals with 36 points.

Cordell Persons (Halls)

Parker Stewart (Union City)

DJ Jackson (Fayette Ware)

Famous "BJ" Jones (Ripley)

Dedric Boyd (Haywood)

Tristan Jarrett (Haywood)

I'm 99% sure you will hear about these guys the entire season...

Lots of good mid-major guys on that list. McKinney is really underrated. If he were playing in Memphis, he would be a legit 3-4 star guy.

Everyone in memphis doesn't have stars. Arguably the best guard in the 2017 class doesn't have a single star to his name. Rankings are all about being in the right situation if you dont have the money to do the exposure camps at a young age. 

Exactly! I don't get caught up in that. I realized early that it's all political. A few of them deserve their ranking but a lot are ranked mostly on their size. Some of those kids can't play their way out of a wet paper bag but have 3 stars on their profile. Lol. Hopefully they won't continue to be set up for failure like that.

I don't know how I forgot to mention this kid. He's the real deal. Gave us(Halls) 40 points and there was absolutely nothing we could do to stop him. He was like a Troy Polamalu on defense, he was everywhere. We still beat them by 20 but if he had just a little bit of help it would've been a quiet trip home for us.

Edited by MrOct1031

• 3 weeks later...

Diego Womack (Jackson North Side). Bad news is that Womack will be dealing with at a bad North Side team. In 2014-15, the Indians lost their guard play, followed back with losing Chavis Fuller and Marquise Clark (both forwards) in 2015-16. Add on a tough district with Haywood, Ripley, and Covington.

Womack will be entering his senior season.