2016 Preseason Class 5A Coaches Poll

So... we are just giving the run to Cookeville to the Atomic City bunch.  Good!  I love having the underdog role at Rhea County.  I believe we can take them in the Semi's.

You guys have a great program and great fan support. I was at the game last time you played the Atomic City bunch.  They are much much faster than they were before.  Can't have multiple safeties back to deal with Higgins.  Got to play the run game honest with Jordan Graham.  He is as scary as Higgins with the ball in his hands. Not just fast but shifty, tough, and great vision. They have several other great runners too.  The Jackson kid is as dangerous RB at the FB.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have a great program and great fan support. I was at the game last time you played the Atomic City bunch. They are much much faster than they were before. Can't have multiple safeties back to deal with Higgins. Got to play the run game honest with Jordan Graham. He is as scary as Higgins with the ball in his hands. Not just fast but shifty, tough, and great vision. They have several other great runners too. The Jackson kid is as dangerous RB at the FB.

I may be wrong but I believe this could be the best team Gaddis has fielded since coming back to Oak Ridge. If the QB position develops they could have a special year.

I may be wrong but I believe this could be the best team Gaddis has fielded since coming back to Oak Ridge. If the QB position develops they could have a special year.

GIJOE is onto something and he didn't even mention Simpson. I'm worried about our kicker (actually lack of) and our QB being 100% inexperienced. But I expect a very good year and he's right about Graham. He's very explosive and is THE game breaker I've said we've missed for years and Jackson could be too!

Just so folks don't forget...Maryville has a pretty good program for a 5A size school.

They play in the Super 31+1 division.

No disrespect to Ravenwood, but Independence was the best team in Division 1 last year. They are 5A.

Probably won't be the case again this year, but I just didn't want folks to forget...

No disrespect to Ravenwood, but Independence was the best team in Division 1 last year. They are 5A.

Probably won't be the case again this year, but I just didn't want folks to forget...

MSURacer, looking forward to seeing the Patriots back at Green Wave Stadium. I know ya'll will bring the entire county. Hopefully we can make it somewhat of a game this year.

MSURacer, looking forward to seeing the Patriots back at Green Wave Stadium. I know ya'll will bring the entire county. Hopefully we can make it somewhat of a game this year.

I'm looking forward to it as well, GWAVE. I think it will be a much better game this year. Will be my first trip to GHS for a game. Hopefully both teams get all their fumbles out during practice week this time.

I'm looking forward to it as well, GWAVE. I think it will be a much better game this year. Will be my first trip to GHS for a game. Hopefully both teams get all their fumbles out during practice week this time.

Well there definitely were enough turnovers for everybody last year. I would sure be nice if both could come in undefeated but lots to do before that game.

Well there definitely were enough turnovers for everybody last year. I would sure be nice if both could come in undefeated but lots to do before that game.

Very true. I'm just hoping we can start 1-0 this year. Liberty has been an early season gut punch the last couple of years. Houston was not an easy win for us last year either. And if I recall correctly they had a lot of juniors on that team including the QB who had a career night in Patriot Stadium last September. We definitely have our work cut out for us out of the gate. I agree that if we both make it to week 4 undefeated, it will be a HUGE game.