2016 Preseason Class 6A Coaches Poll

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was unimpressive. #23 and the Kicker were the players that jumped out to me offensively.

Well of course #23 and the kicker were impressive. They were the stars of that team. They were why Ravenwood beat Maryville in the state championship game. Ravenwood's coach had a lot to do with that as well. #23's size., imo, is why he signed with TSU and not UT. I thought the U of M should have offered him.

However, I liked their QB. He didn't make a lot of mistakes. He ran the offense. He didn't try to do anything that wasn't within his ability. He had a high football IQ. When he did throw, it was pretty accurate. He wasn't the star ... but he was what Ravenwood needed.

Edited by kwc

Piss poor scheduling I would say, however White Station, like many other Memphis area schools doesn't have a real "Home" field.

White Station plays two (2) home games at Crump stadium and one (1) home game at the fairgrounds. Everything else is at their opponents place.

Don't fall asleep on Smyrna folks. Coach Williams has his best team since their 2010 run. Three year starter at Qb committed to MTSU. Lots of starters return off a team that took Oakland to overtime. Their too low in this poll.

Smyrna is always good... I am curious if the young talent at Blackman is as good as I believe they are. This by far is the most athletic and talented bunch of players Blackman has ever fielded. Lots of sohmore jr's and  afew seniors with d1 offers. Guess we willsee if it translates well as a team or if it is just a bunch of individual studs. ...I am hoping for the first. 

Edited by Blaze45

Smyrna is always good... I am curious if the young talent at Blackman is as good as I believe they are. This by far is the most athletic and talented bunch of players Blackman has ever fielded. Lots of sohmore jr's and afew seniors with d1 offers. Guess we willsee if it translates well as a team or if it is just a bunch of individual studs. ...I am hoping for the first.

Hard to discount senior leadership, especially at Qb. I think that gives the Bulldogs an edge. Been wrong before though, so who knows. That region will be more competitive this year. Hearing good things from Riverdale and Siegel also. Buddy of mine says Cookeville will be in the mix.

Hard to discount senior leadership, especially at Qb. I think that gives the Bulldogs an edge. Been wrong before though, so who knows. That region will be more competitive this year. Hearing good things from Riverdale and Siegel also. Buddy of mine says Cookeville will be in the mix.

No doubt we will miss the leadership, but Keep in mind that the qb was not a true QB until last year. The QB this year played QB all through pee wee, middle school and up until  last year because of his speed had him play receiver until he got hurt in the Oakland game. I believe he has a better arm, than Jennings and is considerably faster and more elusive.You also have a 6'3 reciever as a sophomore with offers from Florida Vandy and Tenn that just gets better everyday.

No doubt we will miss the leadership, but Keep in mind that the qb was not a true QB until last year. The QB this year played QB all through pee wee, middle school and up until last year because of his speed had him play receiver until he got hurt in the Oakland game. I believe he has a better arm, than Jennings and is considerably faster and more elusive.You also have a 6'3 reciever as a sophomore with offers from Florida Vandy and Tenn that just gets better everyday.

One of my best friends in high school was your kickers dad. I'll be pulling for your guys.