Maryville State Champions

K2ruth

Thre is no recruiting. Why should these girls be denied their right to play with their club coach?

They're not. They can still play club with them unless they become a head coach. Why change the rules for one team. Nobody made anyone take the coaching job at a highschool. Why didn't said coach look into the rules that were in place before they took the job if they were all about the players that played club for them? Just asking.

If I cared about these players, yes.

That's ridiculous. How is that in the best interest of the girls on the team other than winning? Most of these girls are already committed/signed to play in college so that's not the motivation. So what is the real motivation other than Hames wanting to use the high school team as his off club season practice team? I hope the Farragut, Hardin Valley & Bearden parents raise absolute h*ll.

There is zero way any of those schools say a word. They depend on K2 to teach their girls.

Wow.  I get that you've drunk the K2 kool-aid but that is an unbelievable statement to make.  What percentage of the players on the Farragut, Hardin Valley & Bearden teams actually play for K2?  Why do you think K2 is untouchable?  Do you think the TSSAA gives a flip about K2?  I'm not sure how you think a bunch of parents can fight a state-wide regulation just because they don't want to follow the rules?

I will look forward to following this story & seeing what happens. 

Someone better really check the rules before these kids have to sit out and miss the year playing volleyball.I'm against transferring but I've been against it for year's. Basketball is some areas is just as bad or worse.

K2 is a good club. My daughter play for Jay and Chris personally but didn't leave AC to play for them in school. She did fine playing college volleyball.

Maryville wants a volleyball program that is an elite program like its football team. If it means Jay is an "unofficial" coach that will work.

Hopi, if your daughter had a chance to play for Jay in high school instead of having to waste four years of high school ball at Anderson County wouldn't you have taken it?

Hopi, if your daughter had a chance to play for Jay in high school instead of having to waste four years of high school ball at Anderson County wouldn't you have taken it?

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to a statement like that...  :popcorneater:

Edited by osunut2

Her arrogance is unreal.  While I would hate it for the girls, I hope something happens to Maryville just to put Ruth in her place.  I'm all for good competition but good grief...we're talking about high school volleyball. 

Yup. I'm not sure what prompted her last asinine statement. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she misspoke/mistyped, but after reading through the rest of this thread, I'm not so sure.

I played high school sports, and sure, I wanted to win, but my academic career always came first. Same was true in college. Sports don't pay the bills. So I guess all of these other kids who are trying to get an education first and just play sports as a hobby are simply "wast[ing] four years of high school?"

Edited by osunut2

I meant wasting four years playing high school at Anderson County when she could have played four years of high school with a coach like Jay Hames. HS is important, that is why Jay is sharing his time at Maryville.

I may be getting a little sidetracked here, but what's wrong with playing for your hometown school? AC has a very solid volleyball program, so I wouldn't call it a waste at all. Even if I were an "elite" talent and grew up in a place like Norris, why on earth would I want to transfer or move all the way to Maryville? For academics, sure. For football, maybe. But for volleyball? Come on. In the end, academics matter. Sports don't.

If he wants to stack a team, let him do it on the club level. TSSAA has laid out specific rules to help prevent these issues at the high school level.

Edited by osunut2