Chattanooga Christian School hires Eddie Salter

thesportsguy222

Following has been taken from an article written by The Chattanoogan.

"Coach Salter led the men’s basketball team to three state tournament appearances and the 2001 A State Championship, amassing a record of 264-126 as the head coach from 1995 to 2007. In the 1998-99 school year he was named AF Bridges Male Coach of the Year. Under his tutelage, two CCS players were named “Mr. Basketball†for the state of Tennessee. The CCS community just celebrated Coach Salter’s 30th year as a member of the CCS community and the elementary PE instructor. In his honor, the elementary gym was named the Eddie Salter Gymnasium. He and his wife, Mari, a Librarian at Lookout Valley High School, have two children, Caleb and Melina, both graduates of CCS. Coach Salter and his family are members of New City Fellowship. .

Coach Salter commented, “I am excited to see what God has in store for me after being away for a number of years. I am looking forward to serving Christ through the game of basketball.'"

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Agree. The man literally sacrificed time, moments, memories you can't get back with his own family for every single athlete at that school. (and many others) To those that continue to be negative about him and continue to bring him up; He's been loyal, hardworking and just his entire coaching career. Ask anyone that actually has a leg to stand on in regard to Coach.
    • Egotistical? That's a new one.  It's funny, I'm friends with two of the younger coaches that he "ran off" as you say. In fact, he helped them find jobs, encouraged them to do what was best for their growing families, provided advice, support and still does to this day. 
    • Aug 23     @ Maryville (L, 0-1) Aug 30     South Doyle (W, 1-1) Sep 5     @ William Blount (L, 1-2) Sep 13     Powell (L, 1-3) Sep 20     Karns (L, 1-4) Sep 27     @ West (L, 1-5) Oct 4     Knoxville Halls (L, 1-6) Oct 18     @ Lenoir City (W, 2-6) Oct 25     @ Knox Central (L, 2-7) Nov 1     Clinton (L, 2-8)  
    • Track has always been big at OR. Ran off about 7 straight titles in the 60s. Your hate for Gaddis runs deep, huh? What did he ever do to you, to make you disdain him that much? You can’t seem to stop talking about the guy. He’s living rent free in your head. Might wanna get that checked out. Not good to go to the grave with that in your heart.
    • This late in the year, you’d have to think they’d go with an Asst. on staff, right? I’m pretty new to the area so still learning how folks do things around here…if Woods stays there to teach, it could be hard on a new guy/staff coming in…