Can USJ finally get a gold ball?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Commanders are looking forward to a trip to Jackson. This season has been disappointing in some ways. But encouraging watching kids try to compensate for the lack of depth in some positions, and enjoying depth in other areas. It seems like this 2/3 headed quarterback system is finally finding some rhythm. Who knows what happens Friday night? I know our seniors are looking forward to giving it everything they have before they hang up their cleats. I won't count them out. And McNeal has always been the master of using the talent he has on the team. We'll see if it will be enough. It does make you proud to see the boys stick with it like they have. Very proud to be a Commander.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

The Commanders are looking forward to a trip to Jackson. This season has been disappointing in some ways. But encouraging watching kids try to compensate for the lack of depth in some positions, and enjoying depth in other areas. It seems like this 2/3 headed quarterback system is finally finding some rhythm. Who knows what happens Friday night? I know our seniors are looking forward to giving it everything they have before they hang up their cleats. I won't count them out. And McNeal has always been the master of using the talent he has on the team. We'll see if it will be enough. It does make you proud to see the boys stick with it like they have. Very proud to be a Commander.

Welcome Commanders.  I hope it is a safe and injury free game.  Also, hope we give you a game.  I know you have had some great teams in the past and I'm sure this one won't be any different.  Safe travels.

It will be interesting to see what happens, especially if USJ meets SG again. I will say that having played Alcoa 2 times every year for many years, I understand what it means to just simply be beaten by a better team that makes you look silly. If SG is really just at "another level" than USJ this year, then no pep talk or system or coaching is going to flip that. But if USJ just had a bad game and all the breaks went the other way then who knows.

I will also say regarding sacks / hurries, etc, you have to keep in mind that when you are throwing the ball 60% - 85% of the time (unless you are running clock) you are simply going to have more sacks than a traditional running team that only throws the ball off play action or when they are behind by 28 points. Hopefully this was just a bad game or the team was flat. But on the pessimistic side (for this season) I have seen very few games over many years where CRB teams were flat. I have seen a couple where they were so pumped they literally looked like keystone cops, just trying too hard, and making every possible mistake.

The future of this program is very bright! But whether year 1 turns into a deep run is an entirely different question, one that I am eager to see! Good luck Bruins!

One person asked why I would hate to be the round one rematch for USJ. The answer is that if I'm not getting my wires crossed, that team was down by 2 scores half way through the 4th, and it took a series of amazing plays to come back and win in over time. This was also week one, where the Bruins looked like deer in the headlights. This is not the same team now. Maybe they do or maybe they don't have the horses to go all the way, but the team I'm referring to got lucky. They only pull that one out 1 time out of 10, and I predict if they meet again, their luck will have run out. JMO.

Hey GoVols-  remember the site to watch the game on live stream?  Go there, it's still on and you can see what happened if you like.  Due to playoff considerations I don't want to go into detail, but you can see.  Take care and hope CAK does well.

Thanks for the well wishes Charlie. We lost our college prospect SR QB and as you know, in our system that is almost insurmountable. We lost to Alcoa I believe, 45 - 0 last week. It will be an uphill battle against anyone we face now, not just Alcoa. Before, I would have liked our chances against anyone in the east side in 3A with the exception of Alcoa, and I'm not convinced that if "it had been our night" that we couldn't have pulled one out against them. We have been lucky. First significant QB injury we've had in the decade I've been watching CAK.

I may go back and watch that USJ game.  I won't say much given your demeanor regarding the playoffs, but USJ is not the same team, and the opponent was very lucky to pull out the victory there. However far you go, I hope this season has been an enjoyable one for you, and I hope you have enough on the benches and coming back that next year, year 2 in the new system, will be even better.