Three classes for soccer!

1925Kee

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it definitely was done different than people were told.

looking at it closer, some schools are listed but they coop meaning they don't offer the sport but the kids go to another school.

my question is if they want an even split of teams in each class, if you look at the first 30 schools in class A, 12 don't offer girls soccer. that is going to really skew the numbers in each class of they stay this way.

amazing greenville wins the championship last year and more than likely win it this year and some PUBS r still boohooin bout handlin a ptivate the trophy every year.......cant wait to b comin on here after the PUBS lives have been freed of privates, so I can read bout the same ones complainin bout the open zones bein unfair

Great job Greeneville; keep up the hard work

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Your right Booger someone always is going to complain about something. What alot of people don't know understand about a school like Greeneville is these girls have been playing together since they were little with the Greeneville Galaxy. They have former players that come back to the community and help coach these Galaxy teams since they are 6 and 7 years old. They also build a soccer park a few years back just for the galaxy team. The community supports soccer big time in Greeneville and you will see that at games (expecially when the football team gets out of practice for a game). It seems some people and teams just get out worked Edited by Swipes

of the 86 schools that are listed in class A, the following do not have a girls soccer team:

1. Day Spring Academy
  2. Lookout Valley
  3. Memphis Business Academy
  4. Memphis School of Excellence
  5. Memphis Science and Engineering
  6. Collinwood
  7. Freedom Prep
  8. Fredrick Douglas
  9. Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy
  10. Memphis Middle College
  11. Hillcrest
  12. Middleton
  13. Oakhaven
  14. Hampton
  15. Union City
  16. Westmoreland
  17. Trezevant

That leaves 69 schools is class A, 86 in class AA and 86 in class AAA for girls soccer. not exactly the even split we were told we would get for girls soccer.

Your right Booger someone always is going to complain about something. What alot of people don't know understand about a school like Greeneville is these girls have been playing together since they were little with the Greeneville Galaxy. They have former players that come back to the community and help coach these Galaxy teams since they are 6 and 7 years old. They also build a soccer park a few years back just for the galaxy team. The community supports soccer big time in Greeneville and you will see that at games (expecially when the football team gets out of practice for a game). It seems some people and teams just get out worked

You hit the nail on the head! Success in any sport depends on support from the community - whether that community be a town, county, church, or religious faith. And by support, I mean money, time, encouragement. The Notre Dame community doesn't really support bowling, so our bowling team isn't very good and very dependent on a student signing up who happens to be good at bowling. We love soccer, though, and throw a lot of support behind it. Rhea County is another example of a community that decided to throw time and resources behind their soccer community. Every year, they incrementally improve.

It's fascinating to me that some fans and some coaches think that the great equalizer is to just remove competition.The equalizer is community support. 

It's fascinating to me that some fans and some coaches think that the great equalizer is to just remove competition.The equalizer is community support. 

It's fascinating that no matter how often an argument is presented, the other side will only hear what they want to hear. No one is saying "remove competition!" They are saying make the classifications fair. Try to get parity in district matchups.

There's no argument that the big equalizer is community support. No argument whatsoever. However, the truth is, some places offer that support and some places don't. Some places have much better access to club opportunities. Some communities do far more to support club opportunities. It's fascinating that winning programs are slow to acknowledge just how much impact club activities have on high school soccer programs. No surprise: If you have a high school team that is heavily laced with club players, they are going to do very well against teams that don't have club players. There's simply no argument to that. Makes sense, then, to attempt to pair teams that have similar makeups: Lots of club players in one classification, very little or no club players in another classification.

Wouldn't that make sense?

Instead, winning programs are quick to sell the idea that, hey "We just work harder than you do." In some cases that's true. But not always true. If classifications were more reasonable, then "hard work" would in fact be a big factor in success. Lopsided matchups, however, do not indicate "hard work" by the winning team. In many cases, the winning team could sleep walk to a victory.

Club soccer is a big part of the community support I am talking about. Again, I will use Rhea County as an example. They started a grassroots club so their players will play more than just during high school season, and younger players will start playing soccer earlier than August of their freshman year of high school. 

Classifying teams by how many club players is patently absurd and ridiculous. I guess football classifications should be classified by how many 7-on-7 camps players attend.