Three classes for soccer!

1925Kee

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is it's not clear if it was a mistake on placing the boys and girls together. since it's not like basketball having doubleheaders with girls and boys games there's zero reason not to have separate divides.

I am also hearing that a lot of the single A schools that are listed Co-Op. From what I have been told, there is an amendment that has been provided to TSSAA that schools that co-op in sports will have the 1.8 multiplier added to the enrollment of the larger school.  

I am also hearing that a lot of the single A schools that are listed Co-Op. From what I have been told, there is an amendment that has been provided to TSSAA that schools that co-op in sports will have the 1.8 multiplier added to the enrollment of the larger school.  

That's interesting, but I don't know how it would work. What qualifies as a Co-op? One student? Two? More? Any at all? 

if that is true about the amendment, it would affect the class A in this way according to the TSSAA approved co-ops:

School             New enrollment with multiplier       old number        coop with

CSAS               809                                              446                    STEM Chattanooga

Chucky Doak   1112                                             618                    North Greene

Madison Ac.     842                                              468                    Jackson Cen. Merry

Marion Co.       931                                              517                    South Pittsburgh

Rockwood        783                                             435                     MIdway

Smith Co.         1089                                           605                     Gordonsville

West Greene   1118                                            621                     South Greene

there are also some in class AA that would move up as well.

So what if a student co-ops in July for the fall season? The team would then be forced to play in a higher classification? I don't see how that's possible. There wouldn't be enough time to adjust, either for the team or for the rest of the district. 

Edited by 1925Kee

So what if a student co-ops in July for the fall season? The team would then be forced to play in a higher classification? I don't see how that's possible. There wouldn't be enough time to adjust, either for the team or for the rest of the district.

My guess is you will have to have Co-op agreements in place early so that a July situation does not occur