TENNESSEE STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS PREDICTIONS

flyjgray

With the misinformation being cleared up what are everyone's predictions for the 2016 season?

These are mine.

DI

AAA

Farragut vs. Brentwood

AA

Knox Catholic vs. Sullivan South

A

Concord Christian vs. Goodpasture

DII

AA

Baylor vs. Briarcrest

A

Webb vs. Really doesn't matter they're gonna lose

With the misinformation being cleared up what are everyone's predictions for the 2016 season?

These are mine.

DI

AAA

Farragut vs. Brentwood

AA

Knox Catholic vs. Sullivan South

A

Concord Christian vs. Goodpasture

DII

AA

Baylor vs. Briarcrest

A

Webb vs. Really doesn't matter they're gonna lose

Hard to argue with those predictions and thus I think the reason for the lack of responses. I've seen Baylor and Briarcrest this pre-season. They will be very difficult to beat. Brentwood Academy has a strong junior class so keep and eye on them.

Webb is Webb again.

As for D1, I think you will see 5 of the 8 AAA teams from last year returning to State. I think Hardin Valley takes Bearden's spot. I don't know what's going to come out of Memphis. Houston lost a lot. Wondering what Collierville, Bartlett, Germantown, and Arlington have. In middle TN Blackman appears to be a bit stronger. Ravenwood has a lot of talent and should push Franklin. Beech and Station Camp will be good this year too.

As for AA I think you could easily predict that all 8 teams from last year will return. Camden Central and Harpeth could make some noise though.

Single A....I'll go with your prediction for the title match.

Edited by SummaryJudgment
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to argue with those predictions and thus I think the reason for the lack of responses. I've seen Baylor and Briarcrest this pre-season. They will be very difficult to beat. Brentwood Academy has a strong junior class so keep and eye on them.

Webb is Webb again.

As for D1, I think you will see 5 of the 8 AAA teams from last year returning to State. I think Hardin Valley takes Bearden's spot. I don't know what's going to come out of Memphis. Houston lost a lot. Wondering what Collierville, Bartlett, Germantown, and Arlington have. In middle TN Blackman appears to be a bit stronger. Ravenwood has a lot of talent and should push Franklin. Beech and Station Camp will be good this year too.

As for AA I think you could easily predict that all 8 teams from last year will return. Camden Central and Harpeth could make some noise though.

Single A....I'll go with your prediction for the title match.

I like Hardin Valley's chances also. If I'm not mistaken they have a couple girls from a K2 12 and under team I saw win a 14 1s club tourney up that way about 3 years ago. Should be sophs or jrs now. If that's them they should improve as the season goes on , not that they are bad now. Anyway come tourney time they might make some noise.

• Upvote 1

I saw lots of K2, KVA, Alliance, A5, Choo Choo, etc talent spread though out the tournament. Great volleyball especially for a tournament this early in the season. I would've like to have seen a power pool format like we saw at the NIT in Salt Lake City and at 18 Open JNC this past club season. It makes for a more competitive first day and those smaller programs don't take such a beating the first day. I don't think that is good for the beaters or the beatees.