TENNESSEE STATE VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS PREDICTIONS

flyjgray

With the misinformation being cleared up what are everyone's predictions for the 2016 season?

These are mine.

DI

AAA

Farragut vs. Brentwood

AA

Knox Catholic vs. Sullivan South

A

Concord Christian vs. Goodpasture

DII

AA

Baylor vs. Briarcrest

A

Webb vs. Really doesn't matter they're gonna lose

What's everyone thinking midsession now? Any other names coming up to challenge these picks?

What's everyone thinking midsession now? Any other names coming up to challenge these picks?

South Greene in A

Page in AA

Harpeth Hall looks good but Baylor and Briarcrest are just so dominant.

As I thought, Hardin Valley is playing well. But they might not make it out of district. Then there's Farragut and Brentwood in the way. Brentwood gets their sophomore star hitter back from the US Team so they should be hitting another level soon.

• 3 weeks later...

So we had two Tennessee teams in the finals of a big tournament in Atlanta?  There are some solid volleyball teams in that area.  That bodes well for Tennessee volleyball.  Congrats to both of those teams.  Will that make them favorites for the state championships in this year?  I would sure like to see an exciting and fun post-season.  Good luck to all of the teams that get into the playoffs starting with the district tournaments!

Anderson County has been hurt all year. Last week was the first week that they had their starters on the court together, both OH's missed at least 10 games, MH missed 15 and L was out over a month. They also lost a setter for the season, but the sophs and juniors stepped up. They are 11-1 with these players back and have wins over Hardin Valley, CAK and Sullivan Central this week. Maybe too young to challenge, they have 9 juniors and 4 sophs and 1 senior, but when they get excited and attack not a team play in the tournament when they are hot.

I as at Anderson County to watch my niece who plays at Oak Ridge. AC destroyed Maryville. If they beat CAK and HV earlier they are really playing well. AC really didn't get that emotional they were really solid. They only had two seniors, but they out played a bigger and more athletic Maryville team. I haven't seen Farragut, or anyone else but two or three OR games, but AC looked powerful.

How are everyone's predictions looking so far?  Brentwood looks as strong as ever so that's not good for other teams in the state.  With the majority of that team being sophomores and Brentwood Middle school team just finished their season with a  23-0 record (they did not lose a set all season), the lady Bruins will be a powerhouse for at least 6 more years with whats in their system.

How are everyone's predictions looking so far? Brentwood looks as strong as ever so that's not good for other teams in the state. With the majority of that team being sophomores and Brentwood Middle school team just finished their season with a 23-0 record (they did not lose a set all season), the lady Bruins will be a powerhouse for at least 6 more years with whats in their system.

What use to be a very competitive area ,Southeast TN , has fallen way down recently. Only Baylor in private school and Signal Mountain seem to be consistent anymore. Grace out of Chattanooga will fall off after Alexandria Smith leaves this year for MTSU. East Hamilton has a freshman who is pretty good but her dad says Bball is her favorite. Young lady could be very good with the right club. Nobody else stands out Ooltewah is down. And bond of the Bradley county teams can compete with Middle or Knox area. Been awhile since I've seen it this way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Summertown might have a say in Class A. Very strong every year. In AAA, Lawrence County is now under the direction of Coach Steve Keeton, formerly of Summertown. He has really turned that program around in just 1 year. They are also hosting their regional and could sneak in. 

Summertown got a tough draw starting with the 4 time defending state champs, Goodpasture. They played well. Tough match with Sale Creek in the loser's bracket also. With 3 of the 8 teams being gone next year, I would think they could have a shot. Of course South Greene could have something to say about that.

• 8 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 1:27 PM, bigchief said:

Summertown got a tough draw starting with the 4 time defending state champs, Goodpasture. They played well. Tough match with Sale Creek in the loser's bracket also. With 3 of the 8 teams being gone next year, I would think they could have a shot. Of course South Greene could have something to say about that.

I thought South Greene is moving up to AA in basketball.... I assumed that meant volleyball as well.... 

21 hours ago, cbballfan said:

I thought South Greene is moving up to AA in basketball.... I assumed that meant volleyball as well.... 

It does. South Greene moves up. With Goodpasture going D2, they would easily have been the favorite. Single A is wide open for the first time in 5 years. Who was the last team to win Single A before Goodpasture took over in 2013?