Wilson Central vs Beech

tandem

The Bucs lead the series 5-2 over Central, but the Wildcats have won 2 of the last 3.  Beech is a work in progress that has seen improvement in each of its scrimmages, and word has it that this will be one of the best WC teams in recent history.  Should be one of the more competitive contests in the region in week 1.  Thoughts?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central has a good ball team. 27 seniors that all contribute, a few key players that were held out against Gallatin will be healthy for this contest. I do not know anything about Beech this year because I haven't seen them play, but I have seen all of WC's scrimmages and between Rossview, Shelbyville, and Gallatin; none have scored on their varsity. Shelbyville, who scored a td, did it against second string.

I look for a tougher game than most expect. As a matter of fact, it stinks that this game isn't getting a lot of pub for being a strong opening week game, because I think it will be.

As far as the Gallatin Jamboree, you definitely didn't see anything aggressive from the Green Wave. Very limited reps from starters, just as I'm sure Wilson Central may had done as well. I'm only saying, don't use that "haven't had a TD on the varsity defense" as an indication. Beech could very well score 28 pts. Just an observation.

By the way, I feel risky, but I do have WC beating Beech this week. But can easily go either way.

Edited by thegreatone36

I expect Beech to find a way to win. Should be a really good game from everything I've seen/heard.

At the end of the day, I just can't wait for Friday night and the start of football season. As a matter of fact, I may just take Friday off and give myself extra time to prepare. Lol

Wilson Central has a pretty good defense from what I saw. Most impressive was the kicker who nailed a 53 yard fg with room to spare. That is one heck of a weapon to have. The QB is tall and is deceptively fast. Gallatin shut down there run game but they have several athletes who can catch the ball. Should be a good competitive game.