Metro Rankings

bleacher

17 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

You guys will be wrong about Antioch at season's end.  I'm not saying they'll go to the playoffs or be an elite team but I am saying that they are no bottom feeder this year.  

Comparing them to RePublic, Whites Creek, Glencliff, and Hunters Lane is just comical.  They may be better than Maplewood and Hillwood.  I think you will discover that they will be more comparable to McGavock, East Nashville, Stratford, Overton.  They won't be Pearl-Cohn, Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, etc. but they will be very competitive and play hard.  They aren't like the teams you've listed because they can get kids to show up to actually hold football practices during the summer.  

Just who are they gonna beat on their schedule?  Seriously I have no dog in the fight just being realistic.  

On 8/3/2017 at 4:05 PM, FIREBIRD80 said:

Because they're win chasing instead of challenging their team and trying to make them better for the playoffs.

Who's the challenge I'm confused? What non distirct game is a guarantee win for Cane Ridge? They could have schedule Republic now that chasing wins buddy.

Overton 1981 team last metro team to go undefeated. Played in 3A when all schools played together and 3A was the highest level.

As for Antioch, I think comparing them to the bottom feeders is very appropriate. Looking at their schedule I see 3-7 at best but highly probable to go 0-10. Page will be a game the bears should win but probably won't. Mcgavock will be better coached. Lebanon is looking better. LaVergne will be better. From what little I have heard Antioch is struggling to get even 30 kids out. Right now to compare Antioch to schools like Stratford who was highly successful last year and Overton who is always well coached is silly. Antioch made a mistake and it will cost them dearly this year. They were headed in the right direction and now they will fall. If I'm wrong ill gladly admit it. Don't think I am though.

56 minutes ago, Soarman27 said:

Who's the challenge I'm confused? What non distirct game is a guarantee win for Cane Ridge? They could have schedule Republic now that chasing wins buddy.

I agree Soarman27. To your point:

Cane Ridge Non- district games:

Marshall County- 2016 semi finals lost to 4A state runner- up. 2017 preseason ranked #3 in 4A. 

Brentwood- 2016 semi finals lost to 5A state runner- up. 2017 preseason ranked #8 in 6A. 

Centennial- 2016 lost in quarterfinals to Brentwood. 

Rhea County- 2016 lost in second round to 5A state champions. 2017 preseason ranked #2 in 5A. 

2 hours ago, Soarman27 said:

I think when he said that he wasn't taking a shot at CR but was talking about teams in general. If you check some of the replies you will see that.

Edited by FBfan26

8 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I think when he said that he wasn't taking a shot at CR but was talking in general. If you check some of the replies you will see that.

Who did Pearl Cohn scrimmage besides Station Camp?  I wished that they didn't play on the Friday night part of the Metro Jamboree.  That game with Hillsboro should be a major attraction for a jamboree.

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Who did Pearl Cohn scrimmage besides Station Camp?  I wished that they didn't play on the Friday night part of the Metro Jamboree.  That game with Hillsboro should be a major attraction for a jamboree.

Clarksville high and NCS.. Yea The jamboree is ok. It's crazy that Hillsboros principal drops us and adds BA which is also a good game but they end up matching them up in the jamboree. I'd be surprised if PC starters play past the first series. Nothing to prove.

Edited by FBfan26

17 hours ago, Soarman27 said:

We tried to put CR in that spot! But CR didn't want no part of us...smh

Edited by FIREBIRD80