Metro Rankings

bleacher

12 hours ago, fb247 said:

Antioch - Overton game ended with 10 minutes to go in 4th quarter. Antioch walked off the field and said they did not want to finish.

Heard there was a fight before they left. I hate what this senior class endured. 4 coaches in 4 years. 4 wins in 4 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Yea that really sucks and it don't look like gets going to get better.

Just to add to this, the kids essentially quit. From a good source, the seniors didn't show up for practice much of the last week. Then on Friday, they complained about the weather, and stopped playing. The coach basically said let's forfeit.  Beautiful ending to your last high school football game

5 hours ago, nununu said:

Just to add to this, the kids essentially quit. From a good source, the seniors didn't show up for practice much of the last week. Then on Friday, they complained about the weather, and stopped playing. The coach basically said let's forfeit.  Beautiful ending to your last high school football game

If I had to run with a team full of freshman I would have! That's ridiculous

Edited by FBfan26

It's sad that MNPS have so many problems with both athletics and academics.  Multiple problems that would take someone with vision to fix.  I have no confidence that the MNPS Board of Directors or Davidson County Mayor Megan Barry have the tools to fix the problems.  This is not a problems that requires money to be tossed around but it will require people rolling up there shirt sleeves and going to work.  Former mayor and governor Phil Bredesen may be the only person that could truly fix the problems and he sent his son to University School of Nashville.  Maybe he knew that it wasn't  worth the time and energy to fight the war.  

49 minutes ago, cbg said:

It's sad that MNPS have so many problems with both athletics and academics.  Multiple problems that would take someone with vision to fix.  I have no confidence that the MNPS Board of Directors or Davidson County Mayor Megan Barry have the tools to fix the problems.  This is not a problems that requires money to be tossed around but it will require people rolling up there shirt sleeves and going to work.  Former mayor and governor Phil Bredesen may be the only person that could truly fix the problems and he sent his son to University School of Nashville.  Maybe he knew that it wasn't  worth the time and energy to fight the war.  

It can't be fixed overnight. It's  at least a 5 to 10 year fix. You have to fix the Elementary and Middle School's first before you can even worry about high schools. A lot of high school's ninth grade year they take more than half a semester to try to catch the kids up to where they're supposed to be smh. You got 13 public, 3 charters and a bunch of privates in Davidson county... As far as Athletics I think the scenery is just changing. CR has literally stuck a knife in Antioch High School. The kids nowadays are totally different than they were 8+ years. 

28 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

It can't be fixed overnight. It's  at least a 5 to 10 year fix. You have to fix the Elementary and Middle School's first before you can even worry about high schools. A lot of high school's ninth grade year they take more than half a semester to try to catch the kids up to where they're supposed to be smh. You got 13 public, 3 charters and a bunch of privates in Davidson county... As far as Athletics I think the scenery is just changing. CR has literally stuck a knife in Antioch High School. The kids nowadays are totally different than they were 8+ years. 

If a system were put in place to fix the problems of MNPS today I have very little confidence that 75% of the problems could be fixed in 10 years.  My opinion is that we are dealing with cultural problems that have been around for multiple generations (mid 1980's) and many people in the system like things as they are now.  To fix the problems everyone would have to understand that some people are going to get their feelings hurt and while it's unfortunate some children would be left behind because they cannot or are not willing to keep up. It may be time to partner with the various trade unions and begin educating some of these students while still in high school as they did in the 1970's.  

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1