Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 7/25/2018 at 2:43 PM, workinprogress said:

If I'm not mistaken Brown was a junior when Coker was a senior. I think in Browns senior year Antioch was knocked out of the playoffs in first round in a high scoring game to Ravenwood. Ravenwood went on to play Smyrna in the championship game. My memory is foggy so I could be wrong.

Actually lost to Franklin 2 years in a row, after a disappointing lost to Centennial as the 1 seed the year before. First Franklin game was Coker's Sr year. Lost a hard fought game 10-7 in the last minute. Next season, gave up 21 1st half points and lost 24-14. Franklin did make championship game that first year we met.

19 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nothing wrong with optimism, that's the great thing about the preseason. Republic has 2-3 pretty winnable games (Glencliff, Pickett,RBS), any wins outside of those 3 would suprised me. Building a program from scratch takes time, if they are patient with Coach Lambert, the wins will come

Rebublic will only win if they can get some players. Metro is a poorly coached school system. The only schools winning in Metro are ones with the best players. And that is not enough when they play a well coached team.

1 hour ago, fb247 said:

Rebublic will only win if they can get some players. Metro is a poorly coached school system. The only schools winning in Metro are ones with the best players. And that is not enough when they play a well coached team.

Give me Eddie Woods or  Tony Brunetti as  HC and I'll beat most 'well-coached teams'. Whoever you regard as 'well coached' is gonna struggle if they don't have the players

36 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Give me Tony Brunetti as  HC and I'll beat most 'well-coached teams'. Whoever you regard as 'well coached' is gonna struggle if they don't have the players.

Tony Brunetti has done a great job since taking over the program in 2006 when Maurice Fitzgerald stepped down.  PC has been to the state semifinals 6 times in the last 12 years.  They've been to the quarterfinals 2 or 3 other times I want to say.  He's had some good coaches on his staff during that run.  Tommy Wilson and Dan Davis are now at MJCA doing a good job.  Brandon Woods, William Darnell, Damien Harris, and William Johnson all are excellent assistant football coaches.  I believe Anthony Law was also on his staff at one point.  He is the last coach to do anything worth noting at WCHS.  

There is not a football program in the entire state that has sent more kids to play college football at the next level during that period of time.  Not only is Brunetti winning games on the football field but he's also making his players better young men and giving them hope for a better future.  That's not something that "every coach" puts as much time and energy into doing unfortunately.