Metro Rankings

bleacher

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, bleacher said:

With most Metro teams having a bye this week due to fall break I have a question. How are the bye weeks handled? Is it different for teams Bound for the playoffs versus those just ending their season? How many days off if any are allowed by  different coaches? How much live full speed work is done?

I have been told (did not verify) by one parent that most of the MNPS do not practice if they are out of school for Fall Break due to NO BUS SERVICE being provided.  The coaches and kids claim that the players have no transportation to and from practice.  The schools that do try to practice many times have less than 50% of the players attend practice during Fall Break.

3 hours ago, cbg said:

I have been told (did not verify) by one parent that most of the MNPS do not practice if they are out of school for Fall Break due to NO BUS SERVICE being provided.  The coaches and kids claim that the players have no transportation to and from practice.  The schools that do try to practice many times have less than 50% of the players attend practice during Fall Break.

Not at Pearl Cohn if you don't show, either you don't play that week, or you run at practice when you do show. But our kids always show for fall practice.

4 hours ago, cbg said:

Coaches that allow this lack of dedication should be fired. Kids will follow true leaders and respect true leaders. Excuses are for losers.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Watched a middle school game at Pearl Cohn today and seen some Father Ryan coaches out there. Somebody tell them we need a home and home game lol

They were at every single East Nashville middle school game last year. Not surprisingly, they have 3 freshmen this year from East. I can't  blame them. Those were  the only school reps I saw at their games.

9 minutes ago, bigchief said:

They were at every single East Nashville middle school game last year. Not surprisingly, they have 3 freshmen this year from East. I can't  blame them. Those were  the only school reps I saw at their games.

10 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Watched a middle school game at Pearl Cohn today and seen some Father Ryan coaches out there. Somebody tell them we need a home and home game lol

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black.

26 minutes ago, bigchief said:

Wait until the middle school playoffs state next week, then you will see many privates represented

• Upvote 1