Metro Rankings

bleacher

12 hours ago, eers said:

I apparently missed that Woods was suspended.  I'm not sure what it was for, but I have never seen his kids act the way I have seen other programs.

PC... while it hasn't happened, I believe it's a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.  I love Brunetti, but I have seen some of his assistants in the past adding fuel to the fire (the dancing, trash talk, etc.).  I personally believe that's what causes these type issues.  You can't play with fire and not expect to eventually get burnt.  I understand the kids getting a little chippy, talking some and even dancing a little on the sideline.  The coaches doing it is unprofessional and just adds to the potential outbreak.  As I said previously, it's not something you can turn off and on.

This post, mayne, I can't deal with ya'll folks

Just now, BlackHavenSenator said:

Having fun playing a game doesn't make you undisciplined. So, the judgment for that makes your whole post inaccurate. 

I guess we have a difference of opinion on this. There’s a limit to “fun” and at a certain point it’s more of a distraction than “fun”. 

57 minutes ago, eers said:

I guess we have a difference of opinion on this. There’s a limit to “fun” and at a certain point it’s more of a distraction than “fun”. 

My fun is clear across your line of fun due to cultural differences and you and the other folks that line up with you Culturally come off as disrespectful and/or insensitive to our inherent differences and that's why I said I can't deal with ya'll folks. 

8 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

My fun is clear across your line of fun due to cultural differences and you and the other folks that line up with you Culturally come off as disrespectful and/or insensitive to our inherent differences and that's why I said I can't deal with ya'll folks. 

No disrespect intended, but I find it unprofessional for the coaches to be dancing in the press box and on the sidelines. It’s football coaching, not dancing with the stars. Don’t get me wrong, I love the atmosphere and the kids having fun, but the coaches joining in? Seriously? 

Theres a huge difference in fun and showmanship. You can call it what you want and perhaps it’s cultural difference, but to me it comes across as unprofessional and unnecessary. I guess when I was playing and growing up with a coach in my family, it was more about the game than about the music, dancing, mouthing, taunting, etc.  Those things aren’t necessary and there’s no justification for it. 

8 hours ago, eers said:

No disrespect intended, but I find it unprofessional for the coaches to be dancing in the press box and on the sidelines. It’s football coaching, not dancing with the stars. Don’t get me wrong, I love the atmosphere and the kids having fun, but the coaches joining in? Seriously? 

Theres a huge difference in fun and showmanship. You can call it what you want and perhaps it’s cultural difference, but to me it comes across as unprofessional and unnecessary. I guess when I was playing and growing up with a coach in my family, it was more about the game than about the music, dancing, mouthing, taunting, etc.  Those things aren’t necessary and there’s no justification for it. 

What happens is that the mouthing, taunting, dancing, showmanship, etc... begins with everyone on one team having fun but before long the other team begins to feel disrespected and that's when the unsportsmanlike flags begin to be thrown and not long after the fights start.  

50 minutes ago, cbg said:

What happens is that the mouthing, taunting, dancing, showmanship, etc... begins with everyone on one team having fun but before long the other team begins to feel disrespected and that's when the unsportsmanlike flags begin to be thrown and not long after the fights start.  

He said that every metro school coaches are unprofessional with the exception of CR staff. But like I told him PC coaches don't have them problems neither. Then goes on to say PC is time bomb waiting to happen, because he so call seen our coaches dancing. Only thing I have seen was when a kid make a good play, couple coaches will jump up with player like chest bump. You can ask any team that we had running clock or game is out of control, first we'll put freshman and sophomores in the game. Then we won't snap the ball until the refs start counting. Only feel like fights start off dirty playing and running the score up to embarrassed a team. Not off coaches so call dancing that's hard to believe.

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 5:42 PM, hardtackle said:

I promise you Pearl Cohn would have done the exact same thing the Overton kids did when Antioch started the fight as they were shaking hands after the game I think any school would have public or private would have done the exact same thing and that is defend themselves kids are all the same coaches could not have stopped what happened at the Antioch Overton game or what even happened with hillsboro 

You cant promise nor guarantee because it hasn't happen. We have seen some crazy things over the years from players wearing bottle caps, and other teams players getting  Ejected from dirty stuff.