Metro Rankings

bleacher

9 hours ago, eers said:

No disrespect intended, but I find it unprofessional for the coaches to be dancing in the press box and on the sidelines. It’s football coaching, not dancing with the stars. Don’t get me wrong, I love the atmosphere and the kids having fun, but the coaches joining in? Seriously? 

Theres a huge difference in fun and showmanship. You can call it what you want and perhaps it’s cultural difference, but to me it comes across as unprofessional and unnecessary. I guess when I was playing and growing up with a coach in my family, it was more about the game than about the music, dancing, mouthing, taunting, etc.  Those things aren’t necessary and there’s no justification for it. 

I guess it's even worst when players and coaches when a big game "dance" and still line up shake your hand and say your players did a good job and played a hack of a game. Lol

34 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

He said that every metro school coaches are unprofessional with the exception of CR staff. But like I told him PC coaches don't have them problems neither. Then goes on to say PC is time bomb waiting to happen, because he so call seen our coaches dancing. Only thing I have seen was when a kid make a good play, couple coaches will jump up with player like chest bump. You can ask any team that we had running clock or game is out of control, first we'll put freshman and sophomores in the game. Then we won't snap the ball until the refs start counting. Only feel like fights start off dirty playing and running the score up to embarrassed a team. Not off coaches so call dancing that's hard to believe.

Me personally I dont care about a score or putting in back ups. Dont cry about it. STOP IT

On 11/17/2018 at 10:21 PM, eers said:

Very true story. That’s why you see very few metro kids play at top tier college programs. 

However... you give those kids a structure they’ve never had and they buy in, you may be able to conquer the world. I know a lot of you will defend Fitzgerald (and I like the guy), but where that program is right now (and every other metro program except Cane Ridge), shows a lack of leadership. Coaches dancing in the press box and in the sideline shows a lack of professionalism. You want metro to be different? Hire people who will make it different and stand behind them until people buy in. Hillsboro has as much or more talent as anyone in the state in 5A. Set a higher standard if you want higher results. 

Very few?? What.....You must dont pay attention to recruiting

Dancing and showing emotion doesn't have anything to do with sportsmanship or how disciplined a team is. This sport is full of emotion so you cant judge someone by their actions if its not disrespecting anyone . That's no different from when the sideline and assistants jump up and down with the " OOOOhhhh oooooo " chant when they score or on kick off. Some will label what " certains do as trashy and hood" but label the "ooohhhh o-o-o-o chant as acceptable" you cant pick and choose. Metro gets a lot of backlash from outsiders that don't have a clue of what it takes to coach/ teacher there. I've seen both sides and you outsider guys have it way easier. Yall have half the issue, half the headaches, half the problems and obstacles. And to deal with those on a Daily basis and prepare for a football game is no less than amazing. How man of you non metro guys have to worry about your kids eating EVERYDAY or if they are in a safe environment. Not as much as metro. So you are more than welcomed outsiders to join in the metro rankings of coaching and see how long you will last. Yall would run back to sumner, Wilson, Rutherford and Williamson in a hot flash. I have friends inside and out and they all rather take a pay cut to not deal with the metro/ MNPS headache. metro does have some good coaches that get the most out of them but also have kids with different backgrounds as well. What happened at Overton/ Antioch isn't brand new but they just got a raw deal . That doesn't mean their coach doesn't instill discipline . Hillsboro situation that could happen to anyone, seniors feel like they don't have anything to lose after their last snap, so don't go talking down on these coaches when you really don't know. CR, PC, HB, MV OV, MC , HW,SHS, WC, HL, GC, EN and everyone else deals with way more than you outsider guys. It happened several times this year that wasn't metro but yall don't try to give them a black eye. Show these coaches some respect and not harp on what you don't know .

Edited by WildWolf6
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

He said that every metro school coaches are unprofessional with the exception of CR staff. But like I told him PC coaches don't have them problems neither. Then goes on to say PC is time bomb waiting to happen, because he so call seen our coaches dancing. Only thing I have seen was when a kid make a good play, couple coaches will jump up with player like chest bump. You can ask any team that we had running clock or game is out of control, first we'll put freshman and sophomores in the game. Then we won't snap the ball until the refs start counting. Only feel like fights start off dirty playing and running the score up to embarrassed a team. Not off coaches so call dancing that's hard to believe.

It’s not PC, it anywhere that goes on. I’m not a member of PC against the world. It’s like cbg said, that dancing and celebrating, talking and taunting; leads to flags and potential fights. 

As a coach I would feel disrespected by opposing coaches dancing. It wouldn't make me want to fight obviously, but I would think it’s unprofessional. I’m not sure where the disconnect is or if this is another case of trying to make something completely different than what it is. I just don’t think there’s a place for it. 

I apologize if I offended. That wasn’t intended. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

It’s not PC, it anywhere that goes on. I’m not a member of PC against the world. It’s like cbg said, that dancing and celebrating, talking and taunting; leads to flags and potential fights. 

As a coach I would feel disrespected by opposing coaches dancing. It wouldn't make me want to fight obviously, but I would think it’s unprofessional. I’m not sure where the disconnect is or if this is another case of trying to make something completely different than what it is. I just don’t think there’s a place for it. 

I apologize if I offended. That wasn’t intended. 

You said every metro coaching staff except CR. So yes you did single PC out, matter fact you point blank said our coaching staff be dancing. You can go down our schedule and ask any team have they ever felt disrespected by PC.

3 minutes ago, bleacher said:

Hey PC fans, I heard it's now PC v everybody, except Hboro. True?

That seems like it would be major, Coach Fitz returns to the house he built against someone he mentored

Hillsboro should worry more about keeping their players from trying to kill each other after the losses.  

The surrounding circumstances that evolve around schools in Metro is out of control.  It’s not “all schools” but it does happen at a lot of them.