Metro Rankings

bleacher

On 7/25/2019 at 8:53 AM, FBfan26 said:

Metro top 13 "Not Mines" After seeing a bunch of polls this is basically what has came up.  That top 6 can change in the blink of a eye. Republic is  Officially in a metro district. @bleacher what's your take.

1 Cane Ridge

2 Stratford

3 East Nashville

4 Pearl Cohn

4 Hillsboro

4 Maplewood

7 Overton

8 McGavock

9 Hillwood

10 Antioch

11 Glencliff

12 Hunters Lane

13 Whites Creek

14 Republic

I ain't seen anything yet, so until ive sren some scrimmages and the jamborees, 

High expectations: Cane Ridge, Pearl Cohn, Hillsboro

Next level; Maplewood, Stratford, East

3rd level: McGavock, Overton, Hillwood

Low level: Antioch, Hunters Lane, Glencliff, Whites Creek, Republic

Stratford is the biggest mystery. The same team that went far in the playoffs lost eight games in the regular season???

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I see coach t posters have alot faith in Stratford. Good thing is PC plays 1,2,3,5 and 6. Who ever thinks Stratford is 2nd best team in metro right now is delusional. Put some respect on our name! Its always PC or CR 1A and 1B, and Everybody else fall in line after that. August 24th everybody come out should be a good one. Week 3 at Stratford we'll most definitely put all this Stratford nonsense the rest. Lil east we own them so it's no need to even speak on that!!!

Wish I was in town the weekend of the 24th! What do you think will  be the outcome? Use to hearing a lot of talking by now but the faithfuls have been quiet. Is this an off year for everyone or a lot of fans/coaches are not too optimistic about their team?

38 minutes ago, theWhiteOwl said:

Wish I was in town the weekend of the 24th! What do you think will  be the outcome? Use to hearing a lot of talking by now but the faithfuls have been quiet. Is this an off year for everyone or a lot of fans/coaches are not too optimistic about their team?

I think every team has alot of work to do. But this Stafford hype is getting ridiculous. But 24th the city will be out with 4 top metro team playing back to back.

The Stratford hype is based off of how they finished last season. Now maybe they just got hot at the right time. Maybe it took awhile for the team to come together. Maybe they were playing for the coach's job. Who knows but they found a way to win at the right time. 

All the hype right now is just that, hype. It doesnt mean a thing once the season gets started in week one. Their schedule is not nearly as tough as PC or EN. I could see them going anywhere from 10-0 to 5-5. 

CR and PC have a knack for reloading so they deserve to be at the top of metro. EN probably has the most talent of any metro team but can they beat PC? Hasn't happened in a while and only once in the last decade. MW probably will take a step back but still be pretty good. Hillsboro should be a top ten team in 5A. Most are picking them in the 5-10 range. And the rest will probably be about how they have been in recent past. Several schools have new coaches so it's lind of hard to tell. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, workinprogress said:

The Stratford hype is based off of how they finished last season. Now maybe they just got hot at the right time. Maybe it took awhile for the team to come together. Maybe they were playing for the coach's job. Who knows but they found a way to win at the right time. 

All the hype right now is just that, hype. It doesnt mean a thing once the season gets started in week one. Their schedule is not nearly as tough as PC or EN. I could see them going anywhere from 10-0 to 5-5. 

CR and PC have a knack for reloading so they deserve to be at the top of metro. EN probably has the most talent of any metro team but can they beat PC? Hasn't happened in a while and only once in the last decade. MW probably will take a step back but still be pretty good. Hillsboro should be a top ten team in 5A. Most are picking them in the 5-10 range. And the rest will probably be about how they have been in recent past. Several schools have new coaches so it's lind of hard to tell. 

CR is Metro's top program.  Hillsboro is right behind them and MLK/PC is coming in third.  I will be pulling for the metro teams to do well this fall.  

16 hours ago, 17NCS said:

CR is Metro's top program.  Hillsboro is right behind them and MLK/PC is coming in third.  I will be pulling for the metro teams to do well this fall.  

Why do you feel CR is Metro top program? Just curious NCS why u didnt put BigPicture/Hillsboro?

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Why do you feel CR is Metro top program? Just curious NCS why u didnt put BigPicture/Hillsboro?

He don't know football! Just fact he put Hillsboro in front of Pearl let's me know that. Its always either CR or PC either 1st or 2nd. Then I can tell he hates PC just off MLK reference. PC vs everybody just how we like it!!!

22 hours ago, 17NCS said:

The MLK kids are not the only kids in Metro that are playing football at a school and attending another school.  Schools like Hume Fogg also meet this criteria.  

8 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Coaching staff at CR is metro's best.  Hillsboro's head coach is a metro legend but the entire staff at CR is tops imo.  The eye test tells me they are better prepared than the other metro teams i saw play last year.  CR had the toughest schedule last year imo and responded well to each week's challenge.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Lol...you should do stand up fella!!!

Been over 20 years since PC won a ring with Fitzgerald as Head Coach.  The talent on PC last year was tops in Metro and in Nashville (excluding BA).  I root for Metro teams including PC but i also call it how i see it.