Metro Rankings

bleacher

47 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

So true!  Some coaches go with the latest fad...I.e.  the 3-4 defense.  I saw a JV game last night that had 4 big bodies on the sideline while the “lil fellas” were playing.  Opposing team ran up the middle the whole game scoring 40!

This is something that needs to come back to metro. You don't see a lot of JV games. Heck I don't know if anybody has a JV team.

10 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

This is something that needs to come back to metro. You don't see a lot of JV games. Heck I don't know if anybody has a JV team.

A lot of these coaches don't bother with a JV game at all due to the fact they'll have to coach a JV game on monday or tuesday, a freshman game on thursday, and then have a varsity game prepared for friday. It's simply asking too much of coaching staffs when over half of them are inadequate of coaching young men. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 7:12 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Regular Season Rankings

1. Pearl Cohn  Not even close

2. Cane Ridge

3. Stratford

4. East

5. Hillsboro

6. McGavock

7. Maplewood

8. Hunters Lane

9.Hillwood

10.Overton

11. Whites Creek

12-14  In no particular order  Antioch/Glencliff/Republic

1-8 are in the  state playoffs. Good luck to  all.

Looks like I was spot on. 1-4 are only ones left after 1st round. 1 maybe 2 of those 4 will still be here after this week. Just a down year in Metro football.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

40 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Looks like I was spot on. 1-4 are only ones left after 1st round. 1 maybe 2 of those 4 will still be here after this week. Just a down year in Metro football.

I believe one will be and that's Pearl-Cohn.  They'll beat East Nashville as they seemingly always do.  I personally feel like Giles County is going to upset Stratford.  I just feel like they've played well late in the season.  Ravenwood will beat Cane Ridge convincingly.  

3 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I agree however I  do think Stratford has a  legitimate shot and that  is why I said maybe 2.

I just spoke to a Fairview coach.  Giles came out in smoke stack and ran the ball well. The score to the Giles game is not a representation of how the game actually was. Stratford has a great shot to win this week but better get ready for some ground and pound.  Giles knows who will get most of the carries for the Spartans and will come prepared. Good Luck to all MNPS teams this week.

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

I believe one will be and that's Pearl-Cohn.  They'll beat East Nashville as they seemingly always do.  I personally feel like Giles County is going to upset Stratford.  I just feel like they've played well late in the season.  Ravenwood will beat Cane Ridge convincingly.  

I think Cane Ridge/Ravenwood will be a closer game than the previous game just because of field conditions.  Cane Ridge's offense is not built for the rain that they played in a couple of months ago.  

1 hour ago, jcraigp23 said:

I just spoke to a Fairview coach.  Giles came out in smoke stack and ran the ball well. The score to the Giles game is not a representation of how the game actually was. Stratford has a great shot to win this week but better get ready for some ground and pound.  Giles knows who will get most of the carries for the Spartans and will come prepared. Good Luck to all MNPS teams this week.

East was prepared for him too but he still ran all over them. 56 times. They don't try to hide what they do. Still winning