Metro Rankings

bleacher

17 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Would make since to co-op with HL but like MM said the few is going to there zones schools.

Co-op with HL would make sense but White Creek/Hillwood could make an argument that they would be a good fit for some additional student-athletes.  I suppose HL and WC are the closest schools to Republic. WC used to be a great environment to watch/play a Friday night football game.  The smell of the fish sandwiches and the entertaining band added to the joy of Friday nights at The Creek.  

5 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Co-op with HL would make sense but White Creek/Hillwood could make an argument that they would be a good fit for some additional student-athletes.  I suppose HL and WC are the closest schools to Republic. WC used to be a great environment to watch/play a Friday night football game.  The smell of the fish sandwiches and the entertaining band added to the joy of Friday nights at The Creek.  

WC is about to close real soon if you ask most folks but you add them together you still only have about 25-30kids max. Yes Republic is around the corner from both schools. Republic to Hillwood wouldn’t happen because they are already co-oping.

4 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Which one of the three did not accept? DM. JS, or RL? Who is nezt choice?

Is DM the defensive coordinator at McGavock?

Is JS the offensive coordinator at Hillsboro?

Is RL formerly the head coach at RePublic, Whites Creek, and Rossview?  

Edited by howdoitknow

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

I would have guessed the same three with those initials. 

Dennis Moreno was at one time the Hillsboro head coach from 2009-2011 (11-21 overall record) and since that time he's been the DC at McGavock under Jay Gore.

Jamaal Stewart is currently the OC at Hillsboro under Maurice Fitzgerald.  I really don't know a whole lot about his coaching background outside of this.  

Ron Lambert was the head coach at Rossview from 2010-2016 and went 36-38 (9-2 in 2013 & 8-4 in 2014).  In 2017 he went to Whites Creek where he went 1-9 as head coach.  He then went to RePublic and they were 5-5 in 2018 under his leadership.  

I've heard that Damien Harris, the Co-OC at Pearl-Cohn, was offered the job and turned it down.  He played at Pearl-Cohn from 1996-1999, played at UT-Martin from 2000-2003, coached with William Johnson at Marshall County from 2005-2006, and has been a part of the coaching staff at Pearl-Cohn for the last 13 years.  He has to be the favorite to take over at PC when Tony Brunetti decides it's time to step down.  

HowDoitKnow you’re spot on.

Moreno coaches at HL under Richard Campbell and Beech under Roger Holmes . He was a student assistant at Oklahoma and coached at TSU

Stewart was the OC at Overton before coming to HB, he was Mcgavock OC one year with Gore , and OC at Stratford . He was offered the Antioch and Northeast job at one point .

Lambert also coached at Rossview and they were successful but the reasoning for his resignation there is still in the air.  Heard some negative things about that scenario 

11 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Lambert

2016=Rossview

2017=Whites Creek

2018=Republic

2019-Davidson Academy

2020?

5 schools in 5 years and  at least 3 of the 4 changes were  his choice to leave ( I don't know about Rossview). If that ain't a  red flag I don't know what is.

Sheesh... that is a red flag. 
How is Broome not a finalist for this job ?