Metro Rankings

bleacher

3 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

He was the OC at Hillsboro last year.  They were one of the great questions across middle Tennessee football.  

They hung 40 points on Pearl-Cohn which was the most they allowed and 36 on Maplewood which was the second most they allowed (Pearl-Cohn scoring 44 was the only team to put up a higher number on the Panthers defense).  

They also scored 7, 14, 13, 15, 14, and 0 in over half of the 2019 season games.  

Ensworth

Gallatin

Cane Ridge

Shelbyville 

Those games were very understandable.  Those teams were rock solid.

Hillwood

Hunters Lane

Those were the two games that made people scratch their heads.  

Pearl Cohn gift wrapped 21 of that 40 tho. When i seen that Coach Fitzgerald made him OC, I knew Hillsboro wouldn't go far. Not a good hire for East but great for Pearl Cohn tho.

They battled injuries all year long, they played their last 5 games with out their starting QB, RB, and OL. Nobody recovers from that . The Covington kid missed the rest of the season , QB missed the last 4 counting the playoffs. Firebird if you think you can score 40 points in 5A or 6A football without Several starters then your eggs must be scrambled. They scored 40 on you all and “gifted“ you 21 points as well I was there . You beat East without several starters you wouldn’t have beat , Gallatin, Shelbyville, Ensworth , or Beech with your starters being out . 3A is not anywhere as tough as 5A . Reflect back to the year before they beat Indy , Beech , Shelbyville ( which they never have before ) as well. Quit bashing a guy you really don’t know , no one bashed your staff for being absent in the state championship game and not scoring an offensive point again and giving up an average of 35 in both games . Hillsboro will miss him just like Overton did. He is a good coach in and off the field . Good Hopefully HB DC will stay . Good Luck to Stewart and the East Eagles .

3 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

no one bashed your staff for being absent in the state championship game and not scoring an offensive point 

Key word CHAMPIONSHIP GAME on a rebuilding year. So you can't bash our staff! This year coming up was supposed to be our year. But our coaching staff managed to have the best regular season in Pearl Cohn history. Our staff SUSPENDED all of our skill players two days before one of the biggest games on our schedule. So do you really think I care to hear about Hillsboro injuries! They beat Hillwood 15-10 and Hunters Lane 14-7. Man our freshman team would've beaten both of them by 4 touchdowns, so stop with this nonsense sir. I said that I like the hire for Pearl Cohn tho.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

4 hours ago, GoldenTicket8910 said:

They battled injuries all year long, they played their last 5 games with out their starting QB, RB, and OL. Nobody recovers from that . The Covington kid missed the rest of the season , QB missed the last 4 counting the playoffs. Firebird if you think you can score 40 points in 5A or 6A football without Several starters then your eggs must be scrambled. They scored 40 on you all and “gifted“ you 21 points as well I was there . You beat East without several starters you wouldn’t have beat , Gallatin, Shelbyville, Ensworth , or Beech with your starters being out . 3A is not anywhere as tough as 5A . Reflect back to the year before they beat Indy , Beech , Shelbyville ( which they never have before ) as well. Quit bashing a guy you really don’t know , no one bashed your staff for being absent in the state championship game and not scoring an offensive point again and giving up an average of 35 in both games . Hillsboro will miss him just like Overton did. He is a good coach in and off the field . Good Hopefully HB DC will stay . Good Luck to Stewart and the East Eagles .

Hillsboro has only lost to Shelbyville once, which was in 2019. 12-1 vs them all time. 

Stewart will do well at East. Give him time and don’t judge in year one. Hopefully admin will give him a chance to bring his own staff and not be handcuffed. If that happens they will make noise in his first year. 

Edited by DLopez

8 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Key word CHAMPIONSHIP GAME on a rebuilding year. So you can't bash our staff! This year coming up was supposed to be our year. But our coaching staff managed to have the best regular season in Pearl Cohn history. Our staff SUSPENDED all of our skill players two days before one of the biggest games on our schedule. So do you really think I care to hear about Hillsboro injuries! They beat Hillwood 15-10 and Hunters Lane 14-7. Man our freshman team would've beaten both of them by 4 touchdowns, so stop with this nonsense sir. I said that I like the hire for Pearl Cohn tho.

Firebird, PC should never rebuild they get the best kids year in and out from through out the city. I’m sure your administration suspended those kids not YOUR STAFF. You guys make your own news , hate, and problems and act like everyone is against you . PC vs Everybody trash. All I see is PC and East Nasty talking down on coaches . And at the end of the day y’all should have 5 or 6 rings since Fitzgerald has left but have 0 like all the coaches you down. I hope Damien Harris and the other co OC get away from there he is the only coach on the staff worth anything. Best kids and no rings . Someone start the slow clap for “ Metros Champions and freshmen champions “ 

:blink: this has escalated quickly . It was questionable about a couple games for Hillsboro last year and FB you’re wrong injuries will kill a team and if it’s true they had that many then that’s hard to recover from . I doubt MF hires a guy he don’t think can get the job done , and his track record shows that he usually score points . Like previously mentioned they scored 40 on y’all and that’s more than Alcoa even tho they did call off the dogs. I think it’s a good hire but no program can be ran solo East has a bad rap sheet of not getting coaches in the building and that will be their down fall.

* the slow clap line was pretty good*

1 hour ago, Hurricane717 said:

Firebird, PC should never rebuild they get the best kids year in and out from through out the city. I’m sure your administration suspended those kids not YOUR STAFF. You guys make your own news , hate, and problems and act like everyone is against you . PC vs Everybody trash. All I see is PC and East Nasty talking down on coaches . And at the end of the day y’all should have 5 or 6 rings since Fitzgerald has left but have 0 like all the coaches you down. I hope Damien Harris and the other co OC get away from there he is the only coach on the staff worth anything. Best kids and no rings . Someone start the slow clap for “ Metros Champions and freshmen champions “ 

It's not up for debate! It's my opinion great hire for PC tho. PC vs Everybody still !!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

1 hour ago, DarkKnight4 said:

:blink: this has escalated quickly . It was questionable about a couple games for Hillsboro last year and FB you’re wrong injuries will kill a team and if it’s true they had that many then that’s hard to recover from . I doubt MF hires a guy he don’t think can get the job done , and his track record shows that he usually score points . Like previously mentioned they scored 40 on y’all and that’s more than Alcoa even tho they did call off the dogs. I think it’s a good hire but no program can be ran solo East has a bad rap sheet of not getting coaches in the building and that will be their down fall.

* the slow clap line was pretty good*

It's just my opinion! Time will tell tho. 

1 hour ago, Hurricane717 said:

From 1993-2008 there were 5 classes.  

1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, and 5A

From 2009-2020 there have been 6 classes.

1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A

If you go back and look you'll see that:

1A & 2A (bottom half) now for the most part were the old 1A.

2A (upper half) & 3A now is the old 2A.  = Pearl-Cohn's class since the 2005 season

4A now is the old 3A.

5A now is the old 4A.  = Pearl-Cohn's class through the 2004 season

6A now is the old 5A.

If the TSSAA goes back to the 5-Class System it's going to shake a lot of things up.  With the whole debate of whether or not we will play the 2020 season that has gotten lost in the shuffle.  This could be the final year of 6 Classes in Division I football.  

10 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Key word CHAMPIONSHIP GAME on a rebuilding year. So you can't bash our staff! This year coming up was supposed to be our year. But our coaching staff managed to have the best regular season in Pearl Cohn history. Our staff SUSPENDED all of our skill players two days before one of the biggest games on our schedule. So do you really think I care to hear about Hillsboro injuries! They beat Hillwood 15-10 and Hunters Lane 14-7. Man our freshman team would've beaten both of for Pearl Cohn tho.

Your coaching staff didn't suspend anybody. Those dice did it for them.