Metro Rankings

bleacher

10 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Traditionally I agree.  The demographic change has me questioning it a bit though in regards to Antioch.  I would throw the Parkwood area of town in that mix.  Loads of talent that used to be split between Whites Creek, Maplewood, and Hunter's Lane.  Those kids are everywhere but those schools: East, PC, BA, Ensworth, FRA, etc.

As I said I am sure other areas are affected. I also see McGavock being stripped of  some athletes. 

57 minutes ago, fb247 said:

When you think about players not playing in the school they are zoned whether it be public or private one school affected the most by loss of players is Antioch. I am sure there are others also. 

There is another metro school a mile away that might be more appealing than the Antioch Bears.  BA has always recruited the area well (UNA kids).  Seems most kids in Metro can go anywhere they want if they provide their own transportation.  I think the days of a metro team winning a title are gone (hope i am wrong).  Hillsboro 2008 is the last team to do it by beating Maryville.  

28 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

There is another metro school a mile away that might be more appealing than the Antioch Bears.  BA has always recruited the area well (UNA kids).  Seems most kids in Metro can go anywhere they want if they provide their own transportation.  I think the days of a metro team winning a title are gone (hope i am wrong).  Hillsboro 2008 is the last team to do it by beating Maryville.  

I am sure there were a few players on that team that were out of zone also. It has nothing to do with more appealing to me , it is about the decline of metro football overall. I am also pretty sure every school that has won a state championship in metro had out of zone players and that is why metro overall is so bad.  

Edited by fb247

3 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am sure there were a few players on that team that were out of zone also.

What do you mean by out of zone?  Special transfers are those kids that were approved by the district to be at whatever school they ended up at.  An example would be John Henderson who was allegedly zoned for McGavock but was able to play at PC due to a special transfer rule or the fact that they were an entertainment magnet school which allows students to attend who don't have this learning option at their zoned school.  Most schools in metro have "out of zone" kids attending.  

9 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

What do you mean by out of zone?  Special transfers are those kids that were approved by the district to be at whatever school they ended up at.  An example would be John Henderson who was allegedly zoned for McGavock but was able to play at PC due to a special transfer rule or the fact that they were an entertainment magnet school which allows students to attend who don't have this learning option at their zoned school.  Most schools in metro have "out of zone" kids attending.  

Having been in metro as long as you were you know the special transfer rule is a bunch of bull. Just a way to get around going to your zoned school to play sports. Academics has nothing to do with.

Edited by fb247

7 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

How's your freshman doing this funky year? I always expect a trouncing when we play ya'll, but sounds like there were a lot of turnovers today...

Lol It’s been crazy but they have been doing what they normally do their 4-1. The freshman is also playing with JV this year which they are undefeated “4-0” I didn’t get a chance to make it to this game.

TEAM

OPPONENTS

Pearl-Cohn

Hillsboro (W 14-7)

East Nashville (W 42-21)

Stratford (W 70-0)

Whites Creek (W 57-0)

Hillwood

Glencliff (W 66-0)

Hunters Lane (W 35-22)

Cheatham County (W 50-7)

East Nashville

Maplewood (W 51-6)

Pearl-Cohn (L 21-42)

Stratford (W 42-7)

Hillsboro

Pearl-Cohn (L 7-14)

Beech (L 7-14)

Glencliff (W 75-6)

Cane Ridge (W 35-31)

Cane Ridge

John Overton (W 47-7)

Smyrna (L 24-27)

McGavock (W 56-0)

Hillsboro (L 31-35)

Hunters Lane

Stratford (L 26-27)

Antioch (W 39-28)

Hillwood (L 22-35)

Glencliff (W 54-3)

John Overton

Cane Ridge (L 7-47)

LaVergne (L 26-33)

Antioch (W 55-30)

Stratford

Hunters Lane (W 27-26)

Green Hill (L 6-52)

Pearl-Cohn (L 0-70)

East Nashville (L 7-42)

Whites Creek

Glencliff (W 26-20)

Giles County (L 6-41)

Pearl-Cohn (L 0-57)

Glencliff

Whites Creek (L 20-26)

Hillwood (L 0-66)

Hillsboro (L 6-75)

Hunters Lane (L 3-54)

Maplewood

East Nashville (L 6-51)

Spring Hill (L 0-35)

Coffee County (L 20-37)

Nolensville (L 0-42)

McGavock

Goodpasture (L 12-42)

Stewarts Creek (L 6-49)

Cane Ridge (L 0-56)

LaVergne (L 16-34)

Antioch

Smyrna (L 8-59)

Hunters Lane (L 28-39)

Stewarts Creek (L 0-52)

John Overton (L 30-55)

Just now, howdoitknow said:

TEAM

OPPONENTS

Pearl-Cohn

Hillsboro (W 14-7)

East Nashville (W 42-21)

Stratford (W 70-0)

Whites Creek (W 57-0)

Hillwood

Glencliff (W 66-0)

Hunters Lane (W 35-22)

Cheatham County (W 50-7)

East Nashville

Maplewood (W 51-6)

Pearl-Cohn (L 21-42)

Stratford (W 42-7)

Hillsboro

Pearl-Cohn (L 7-14)

Beech (L 7-14)

Glencliff (W 75-6)

Cane Ridge (W 35-31)

Cane Ridge

John Overton (W 47-7)

Smyrna (L 24-27)

McGavock (W 56-0)

Hillsboro (L 31-35)

Hunters Lane

Stratford (L 26-27)

Antioch (W 39-28)

Hillwood (L 22-35)

Glencliff (W 54-3)

John Overton

Cane Ridge (L 7-47)

LaVergne (L 26-33)

Antioch (W 55-30)

Stratford

Hunters Lane (W 27-26)

Green Hill (L 6-52)

Pearl-Cohn (L 0-70)

East Nashville (L 7-42)

Whites Creek

Glencliff (W 26-20)

Giles County (L 6-41)

Pearl-Cohn (L 0-57)

Glencliff

Whites Creek (L 20-26)

Hillwood (L 0-66)

Hillsboro (L 6-75)

Hunters Lane (L 3-54)

Maplewood

East Nashville (L 6-51)

Spring Hill (L 0-35)

Coffee County (L 20-37)

Nolensville (L 0-42)

McGavock

Goodpasture (L 12-42)

Stewarts Creek (L 6-49)

Cane Ridge (L 0-56)

LaVergne (L 16-34)

Antioch

Smyrna (L 8-59)

Hunters Lane (L 28-39)

Stewarts Creek (L 0-52)

John Overton (L 30-55)

Pearl-Cohn is the cream of the crop in Metro.  Hillsboro, East Nashville, and Cane Ridge are all very very good teams that could make a lot of noise in the playoffs.  Hillwood is quietly off to an outstanding start and looks strong.  I have Hunters Lane just outside of my Top 5.  They are a team that you don't want to sleep on.  

38 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl-Cohn is the cream of the crop in Metro.  Hillsboro, East Nashville, and Cane Ridge are all very very good teams that could make a lot of noise in the playoffs.  Hillwood is quietly off to an outstanding start and looks strong.  I have Hunters Lane just outside of my Top 5.  They are a team that you don't want to sleep on.  

It’s almost playoff time!! Now it’s to the point Metro needs to let us have fans smh

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

It’s almost playoff time!! Now it’s to the point Metro needs to let us have fans smh

I was shocked and glad that they let football happen,  but they wouldn't be able to justify fans and still virtual learning...they would be run out of town...lol.  I miss meeting childhood friends at the PC games even though they aren't my school.

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

I was shocked and glad that they let football happen,  but they wouldn't be able to justify fans and still virtual learning...they would be run out of town...lol.  I miss meeting childhood friends at the PC games even though they aren't my school.

I’m happy to play also but Monday everybody will be in the buildings besides HS. I’m not saying full capacity like other towns. Some of these metro teams will be in the negatives next year.