Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, eers said:

I don’t see how they will be successful to be honest. They only pull a few good athletes per year from Sumner County and until you have a better program than the county schools (namely Beech, Hendersonville, and Gallatin) it’s really kinda silly to go for athletic purposes. I would say year in and year out both Beech and Hendersonville are both better in every major sport. It will be the same kids going, just a few years sooner. I don’t think it will make that big of a difference. It’s a catholic school in an area that is predominantly non-Catholic. 

I agree.  They cannot give the amount of financial aide that the major privates can give either.  They will most always behind others in the same Division because of that.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eers said:

I don’t see how they will be successful to be honest. They only pull a few good athletes per year from Sumner County and until you have a better program than the county schools (namely Beech, Hendersonville, and Gallatin) it’s really kinda silly to go for athletic purposes. I would say year in and year out both Beech and Hendersonville are both better in every major sport. It will be the same kids going, just a few years sooner. I don’t think it will make that big of a difference. It’s a catholic school in an area that is predominantly non-Catholic. 

Well they took BA to overtime last year and they have the same team coming back. They should make some noise again.

Edited by FBfan26

3 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Well the took BA to overtime last year and they have the same team coming back. They should make some noise again.

No, they lost the RB that went to Wisconsin. That’s a huge loss. They will struggle this year and most years. They can’t compete year in and year out in the division they play. They’ve only had five winning seasons and won one playoff game in the history of the school, and that’s including the years NOT in the large private division. To assume they are going to become a power is a little off base. 

13 hours ago, eers said:

No, they lost the RB that went to Wisconsin. That’s a huge loss. They will struggle this year and most years. They can’t compete year in and year out in the division they play. They’ve only had five winning seasons and won one playoff game in the history of the school, and that’s including the years NOT in the large private division. To assume they are going to become a power is a little off base. 

Didn’t know about the RB but I can’t feel it. Guess we will have to see how it plays out.

6 hours ago, hardtackle said:

Basing this on what? Beating HL in jamboree? New coach or recruits? 

Based on them having the first coach since Anderson retired that gives them a legit chance to be successful.  He got rid of some dead weight on the staff. That is what created your jealousy. Your other problem is more deep seeded (racism).

19 hours ago, bleacher said:

Based on them having the first coach since Anderson retired that gives them a legit chance to be successful.  He got rid of some dead weight on the staff. That is what created your jealousy. Your other problem is more deep seeded (racism).

Williams was/is a good coach and he did/does things the right way.