Metro Rankings

bleacher

49 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

What I meant was, if the public teams are good, then a school like Ryan will not be ABLE to recruit those kids  and then you will stay the bottom feeder of D2AAA. We both know you have to get some of those athletes to compete in any way in AAA.

Bottom feeder….NICE!

Public schools being better is good the the city…period.  PC beat MBA twice in a row.  More PC’s in the city would be awesome.  Competition comes from a broad base and not 2-3 “elite” programs.  I would love to see Overton and Whites Creek at their former selves.  And not just metro….a Gallatin return would be good as well; just like Dickson County. There are athletes in the area for everyone to prosper….like everyone did years ago.  To say Davidson county only has 150 good athletes yearly would be absurd.  Rather than blame D2’s, what question should be what does the middle school program look like?  There is no feeder program in the city in my opinion.  Ruco and Wilco seem to have them…just like Alcoa and Maryville.  I don’t see the D2’s in that area affecting state championships.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 18NCS said:

God bless the next coach at Antioch and the Glencliff coach.  They have the biggest challenge in high school coaching history imo.   

I was reading that at Glencliff you have over 40 different first languages being spoken within the student body.  The school is truly the United Nations which is not conducive to having a great football or all around athletic program.  With a vast majority of the Glencliff students being first generation Americans the immigrant parents require the students to work as much as possible.  When the last school bell for the day rings there is a line of construction trucks picking up many of the students and taking them to work the last few hours of daylight.  The same can be said for the students working on the weekends.  

23 hours ago, cbg said:

I was reading that at Glencliff you have over 40 different first languages being spoken within the student body.  The school is truly the United Nations which is not conducive to having a great football or all around athletic program.  With a vast majority of the Glencliff students being first generation Americans the immigrant parents require the students to work as much as possible.  When the last school bell for the day rings there is a line of construction trucks picking up many of the students and taking them to work the last few hours of daylight.  The same can be said for the students working on the weekends.  

There are over 40 spoken at Overton also. They are not the tea-sippers anymore.

• Upvote 2