Metro Rankings

bleacher

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, fredjones said:

rumor is Cane Ridge/Pearl-Cohn game on 8/18 is being moved to Nissan Stadium.

Why move the game?  I would love to say that the crowd would be so large that a high school stadium is not large enough for the expected attendance but that would be false.  They will be fortunate to have 1000 paying fans attend the game

21 hours ago, fredjones said:

When they played at Hale stadium in 2019, they drew over 10,000 fans.

Hale Stadium only has an attendance capacity of 10,000 so it must have been standing room only.  I have not heard of a single high school football game in Tennessee that has had 10,000 fans in the past ten years and that includes the state championship games.  Congratulations on a great crowd in 2019.

20 minutes ago, cbg said:

Hale Stadium only has an attendance capacity of 10,000 so it must have been standing room only.  I have not heard of a single high school football game in Tennessee that has had 10,000 fans in the past ten years and that includes the state championship games.  Congratulations on a great crowd in 2019.

According to the TSU website the capacity is 15,000

3 minutes ago, SLBK said:

According to the TSU website the capacity is 15,000

Wiki has the capacity limited at 10,000.  On the facilities management page of Tennessee State it also has the seating capacity limited at 10,000.  Did TSU add some seats recently?

Edited by cbg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, cbg said:

You got to get outside then. Tsu was packed from the stands to people standing on the track. You also got to check out the PC and East Nash game in 2014 at Vanderbilt. That game was Ridiculous. Even Merritt wrote about it. 

Edited by FBfan26

On 5/2/2022 at 12:02 PM, 18NCS said:

Are there any quality metro QBs returning this fall?  What about any D1 prospects from metro in the 2023 class? 

I use to keep up with this stuff but covid put me out of touch. I think the Overton qb Hagan is the only Metro QB with offers. They probably have the top WR “Majors” also. I think everybody else is fairly young. It feels like a reset year. We played a ton of sophomores last year. We will need to take a big leap.

23 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

You got to get outside then. Tsu was packed from the stands to people standing on the track. You also got to check out the PC and East Nash game in 2014 at Vanderbilt. That game was Ridiculous. Even Merritt wrote about it. 

That PC/East game at Vandy was one of the best high school football games I have ever seen. HUGE crowd.

• Upvote 1