Metro Rankings

bleacher

4 hours ago, cbg said:

Just how bad are the working conditions inside Metro Nashville Public Schools when you have head coaches leaving to become an assistant at some of the lower level D2 schools?  Everyone knows that no private school around has the health insurance benefits or a pension plan that is close to what is offered by MNPS.

Still gonna get paid better than what they would make in Metro. Unless your at one of the top programs, taking an assistant position at a private school is a step up

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hurricane717 said:

Let's be honest here fellas, Stratford been on a decline since Fitzgerald left, he wasn't winning much, he doesn't have the same type of kids he inherited from MF , school day was wild . I'm sure his peace of mind was important in  this decision .

Just have to look at the success at East and it is clear they are getting the best athletes in the area. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:21 AM, FBfan26 said:

Metro Nashville Pre season Poll

1 Overton “Metro top returning QB & WR

2 Pearl Cohn “Returns almost everybody besides #7”

3 East “Fresh off a state champ run but lost 14  seniors”

4 Cane Ridge “Young talent returning”

5 Mcgavock “Personal I think will take a step forward “

6 Hillsboro 

7 Stratford 

8 Maplewood

9 Hunters lane

10 Hillwood

11 whites creek

12  Antioch

13  Glencliff 

I agree for the most part with your list. 1 thru 3 could be changed out. We we’re the only metro team to make it to a championship game last year so I would have East #1. I heard I’m 7on7 we been kicking tails and taking names. I can see us back playing alcoa again this year.

17 hours ago, EastNasty said:

I agree for the most part with your list. 1 thru 3 could be changed out. We we’re the only metro team to make it to a championship game last year so I would have East #1. I heard I’m 7on7 we been kicking tails and taking names. I can see us back playing alcoa again this year.

I can respect it but you know 7on7 ain’t real FB right? We haven’t even participated in one yet but best believe we grinding.

MNPS football can be separated into 3 categories.  It’s so predictable what they’ll all be able to accomplish this fall.  

Pearl-Cohn

East Nashville 

Cane Ridge 

All of those programs are really strong and have been strong for the last several years.  They’ll all be strong in their respective classes.  

Hillsboro

Overton

McGavock

Those programs have the capability of joining the upper level teams.  They’ll all win enough games to make the playoffs but whether they contend for Championships remains to be seen.  

Whites Creek

Stratford

Maplewood

Hunters Lane

Hillwood

Antioch

Glencliff 

These programs have fallen on tough times in recent years.  I remember when several of them were competing for state championships and making deep runs.  Now they all are fortunate to have enough bodies to field a team on a Friday night.  

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 11:41 PM, howdoitknow said:

MNPS football can be separated into 3 categories.  It’s so predictable what they’ll all be able to accomplish this fall.  

Pearl-Cohn

East Nashville 

Cane Ridge 

All of those programs are really strong and have been strong for the last several years.  They’ll all be strong in their respective classes.  

Hillsboro

Overton

McGavock

Those programs have the capability of joining the upper level teams.  They’ll all win enough games to make the playoffs but whether they contend for Championships remains to be seen.  

Whites Creek

Stratford

Maplewood

Hunters Lane

Hillwood

Antioch

Glencliff 

These programs have fallen on tough times in recent years.  I remember when several of them were competing for state championships and making deep runs.  Now they all are fortunate to have enough bodies to field a team on a Friday night.  

Good list but too many categories.  Only 2:

capable of beating D2 school - Pearl Cohn

not capable: everybody else.

#Facts:thumb:

16 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Good list but too many categories.  Only 2:

capable of beating D2 school - Pearl Cohn

not capable: everybody else.

#Facts:thumb:

I think Pearl-Cohn has been year in and year out the best team in Metro.  They’ve beaten Cane Ridge, East Nashville, and Hillsboro.  

If I had to pick just one team that perennially is in championship contention and is a notch above everyone else then it would have to be Tony Brunetti’s Pearl-Cohn Firebirds.  

I would love to see Pearl-Cohn/Oakland schedule a two year series in the upcoming scheduling cycle.  It would be a Middle-TN version of Alcoa/Maryville.  

Youre right as it compares to D2 teams.  

Pearl-Cohn has beaten MBA the last 2 times they’ve played them 26-21 and 21-15.  

Cane Ridge lost to Father Ryan and CPA last year by a combined score of 90-10.  

East Nashville lost to Father Ryan last year by a score of 35-6.  

Stratford football hires Preston Scott as coach

By Cecil Joyce, Nashville Tennessean, 6 hrs ago

The Tennessean

Follow

Former Hunters Lane football coach Preston Scott has been named the new coach at Stratford. 

“I want to thank the administration team at Stratford High School for selecting me as the head coach,” Scott said in a school release Tuesday. “I know Stratford High School has a rich tradition, and I find it an honor and a privilege to lead this program. There is great support there, and I know that we are going to be successful in getting this program to great heights.” 

Scott was most recently an assistant at Stewarts Creek and he was coach at Hunters Lane in 2019-20, going 6-13 overall (including 3-6 in a COVID-19 season of 2020).

Pearl-Cohn:  Tony Brunetti 

Overton:  Arcentae Broome

East Nashville:  Jamaal Stewart 

Cane Ridge:  Eddie Woods

Hillsboro:  Anthony Brown

Maplewood:  Erik Davis

Hunters Lane:  William Thomas

Stratford:  Preston Scott

Whites Creek:  William Darnell

Antioch:  Devin Arnold 

Glencliff:  Phil Stevenson

McGavock:  Fred Burnette