Metro Rankings

bleacher

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If you did any research, you'd know that was reversed, but never let facts get in the way I guess.... Nashville has one of the lowest tax rates in the country among metropolitan areas

Turf fields are a luxury, not a right. If metro programs want one, raise the money yourself like every other program in Middle Tennessee has. MNPS isn't going to help you out

Unless things have changed, the metro schools weren't allowed to fundraise on their own for the funding to install artificial turf playing surfaces. I believe Hillsboro would have put this on their game field if allowed. There are several Hillsboro alums that would donate the money for this if allowed. 

18 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If you did any research, you'd know that was reversed, but never let facts get in the way I guess.... Nashville has one of the lowest tax rates in the country among metropolitan areas

Turf fields are a luxury, not a right. If metro programs want one, raise the money yourself like every other program in Middle Tennessee has. MNPS isn't going to help you out

My tax bill shows that nothing was reversed! 

So when Julia Green elementary school was remodeling both the school and the playground one of the major healthcare companies in Nashville wanted to donate the funds for a super nice playground.  They were told absolutely not unless they wanted to pay for a new playground for all of the MNPS.  What makes you think that things have changed with a turf football field in Nashville?  Let's be completely honest and say that King John's father was a segregationist and King John went to an elite private school and sent his kids to elite private schools.  What has the man ever done for the minorities and the public school system in Nashville?  Please don't try to deflect the attention to past politicians and keep on the topic of King John. Yes, I fully understand that the MNPS system is and has been a disaster for the past 30+ years but what has King John done to fix the problems.  No one is able to say that Davidson County does not have enough money after a 34.5% property tax increase, when he shut everything down due to the pandemic.  Also keep in mind that King John went from allowing a gathering of 50 individuals to lowering that number on Monday to 25 before the 3rd reading only to raise it back to 50 on the following Monday after the vote.

Edited by cbg

3 hours ago, 18NCS said:

Unless things have changed, the metro schools weren't allowed to fundraise on their own for the funding to install artificial turf playing surfaces. I believe Hillsboro would have put this on their game field if allowed. There are several Hillsboro alums that would donate the money for this if allowed. 

Learned something new today about not being about to fundraise. This is basically a battle of the have and have nots. Schools like Overton,Hillsboro would definitely game two of the first schools receiving turf from alumni and the area their located in.

41 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Learned something new today about not being about to fundraise. This is basically a battle of the have and have nots. Schools like Overton,Hillsboro would definitely game two of the first schools receiving turf from alumni and the area their located in.

But...MNPS doesn't seem to mind teachers coming out of their own pockets for supplies....

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

But...MNPS doesn't seem to mind teachers coming out of their own pockets for supplies....

Vote for anyone but "KING JOHN" during the next election for a Davidson County mayor.  i would write in Mickey Mouse before I voted for the man.  The problem is that most of the MNPS employees are not residents of Davidson County.