Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, TTate said:

Not sure what “Img academy” means..thought they were a boarding school sort of like Mccallie and Baylor

milton, Thompson, Knox catholic not a strong enough out of conference schedule for you?

Go play Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, MBA, Brentwood Academy, MUS, Etc.

McCallie and Baylor don’t have players from all over the country playing football at their universities (I mean schools).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

When will someone from Nashville get the nuts and guts to come to Da Haven is what I want to know lol. *stares directly at Pearl-Cohn AND East Nashville AND Hillsboro!

I actually would love that lol. Metro top 3 Vs Memphis top 3. Between the game and bands it would be lit lol

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 7:06 PM, MidTennFootball said:

If you did any research, you'd know that was reversed, but never let facts get in the way I guess.... Nashville has one of the lowest tax rates in the country among metropolitan areas

Turf fields are a luxury, not a right. If metro programs want one, raise the money yourself like every other program in Middle Tennessee has. MNPS isn't going to help you out

Taxpayers of Williamson county and many other counties in Tennessee have paid for turf.  Rutherford County has just as much money as Williamson.  

6 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Go play Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, MBA, Brentwood Academy, MUS, Etc.

McCallie and Baylor don’t have players from all over the country playing football at their universities (I mean schools).

maybe do your homework first.  LA played BA (D2AAA) 2 years ago away (while alex broome was on the sidelines) and they were unable to get a return home game out of it.  last year, they played independence (6A), knox catholic (D2AAA) and they played oakland (6A) away last year with 1 weeks notice and were unable to get a return home game out of it.  pulaski academy (ark state champs), independence, greater atlanta christian all broke their contracts this year so dilfer got thompson (AL 6A state champs & top 20 in the country) and milton (GA 7A heavyweight) and Calvert Hall out of MD.  some of the teams you mentioned won't schedule LA so it's not on LA.  I think dilfer has demonstrated he is willing to play so don't make it sound like LA is unwilling.  props to knox catholic for honoring their contract this year.

I think this might be a moot point in the not too distant future.

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well if his coaching career is anything like his NFL career…. Well then, the term “abysmal” comes to mind.

I guess a super bowl ring, super bowl MVP trophy mean nothing?  and he won a gold ball in 3 years at a school that was not competitive for years before his arrival.  I think he's doing fine.  how did mt juliet do last year?  cough, cough...5 game losing streak.  

2 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

maybe do your homework first.  LA played BA (D2AAA) 2 years ago away (while alex broome was on the sidelines) and they were unable to get a return home game out of it.  last year, they played independence (6A), knox catholic (D2AAA) and they played oakland (6A) away last year with 1 weeks notice and were unable to get a return home game out of it.  pulaski academy (ark state champs), independence, greater atlanta christian all broke their contracts this year so dilfer got thompson (AL 6A state champs & top 20 in the country) and milton (GA 7A heavyweight) and Calvert Hall out of MD.  some of the teams you mentioned won't schedule LA so it's not on LA.  I think dilfer has demonstrated he is willing to play so don't make it sound like LA is unwilling.  props to knox catholic for honoring their contract this year.

I think this might be a moot point in the not too distant future.

I guess a super bowl ring, super bowl MVP trophy mean nothing?  and he won a gold ball in 3 years at a school that was not competitive for years before his arrival.  I think he's doing fine.  how did mt juliet do last year?  cough, cough...5 game losing streak.  

The same lame argument “what has Mount Juliet done” lol yeah I must’ve struck a nerve with either a family member or a ravens fan… he is on the list as one of the worst QBs, to ever play. He once threw 4 Tds and 18 int in a complete season lol 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Since this is a metro board I will try to keep it metro.  It looks like PC’s scrimmage woke the posters up!  PC plays anybody and have a lot of schools that want to see them.  They can’t give up the MBA game for a long list of HISTORICAL reasons…must be a Nashville native to understand.  I do recall last year that LA did have a chance to play them and Dilfer chose and called out Oakland…not mad at that since they were the bigger fish.  I am a D2 guy but support Nashville D1 teams as I am impressed with what the coaches do with such a lack of support from MNPS.  It is criminal when a team has to travel elsewhere just to practice!  I have lived in other states and have witnessed what public school support for athletics looks like.  There is a reason the top 10 public schools in Texas would demolish the private school league champs every year.  Give metro schools the same support and this would be an entirely different conversation.  The privates would no longer have the hold on the area’s  better athletes.  I have fun messing with @EastNasty and we will beat lil East in a few weeks, but we clearly have an advantage and I am man enough to admit it.:thumb:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Since this is a metro board I will try to keep it metro.  It looks like PC’s scrimmage woke the posters up!  PC plays anybody and have a lot of schools that want to see them.  They can’t give up the MBA game for a long list of HISTORICAL reasons…must be a Nashville native to understand.  I do recall last year that LA did have a chance to play them and Dilfer chose and called out Oakland…not mad at that since they were the bigger fish.  I am a D2 guy but support Nashville D1 teams as I am impressed with what the coaches do with such a lack of support from MNPS.  It is criminal when a team has to travel elsewhere just to practice!  I have lived in other states and have witnessed what public school support for athletics looks like.  There is a reason the top 10 public schools in Texas would demolish the private school league champs every year.  Give metro schools the same support and this would be an entirely different conversation.  The privates would no longer have the hold on the area’s  better athletes.  I have fun messing with @EastNasty and we will beat lil East in a few weeks, but we clearly have an advantage and I am man enough to admit it.:thumb:

I am presently in Texas (Houston) and I can honestly say that the private schools are gaining ground in many areas.  Yes, out in the suburbs the public schools are still strong but that’s due to not having a metropolitan government that they have to deal with every day.  Most all decisions are made at the local level.  Another thing that everyone must understand is that the property taxes are extremely high in most suburban areas due to the school board being allowed to set the tax rate.  Yes, the school boards establishes what an individual would pay in property taxes and that allows for great public school facilities.  With that being said you have people in upper class neighborhoods like Brentwood (TN) that would be paying over $50,000 per year in property taxes.  

6 minutes ago, cbg said:

I am presently in Texas (Houston) and I can honestly say that the private schools are gaining ground in many areas.  Yes, out in the suburbs the public schools are still strong but that’s due to not having a metropolitan government that they have to deal with every day.  Most all decisions are made at the local level.  Another thing that everyone must understand is that the property taxes are extremely high in most suburban areas due to the school board being allowed to set the tax rate.  Yes, the school boards establishes what an individual would pay in property taxes and that allows for great public school facilities.  With that being said you have people in upper class neighborhoods like Brentwood (TN) that would be paying over $50,000 per year in property taxes.  

I was in Fort Bend and property taxes are 3x minimum of what we have here.  Another big difference is that almost 70% of property taxes went to schools.  My friends from Nashville laughed when I told them my escrowed was more than my loan note.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, workinprogress said:

Since this is a metro thread I'll bring up how competitive LA was just a little before Dilfer. I remember a war between PC and LA. LA had several good games against EN too. And even before that LA had games against neighboring Overton. 

DL/LA was a torn in my side. I hated playing them. I didn’t matter if LA was 0-9 when we played it was always a close game.

So MNPS athletic trainers are doing double/triple duty at the moment. Out of 12 schools we only have 6 trainers because they quit or took another job somewhere else. Word on the street is Vanderbilts new director is planning to leave metro schools all together and only do privates. What’s y’all take?

Edited by FBfan26