Metro Rankings

bleacher

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

So MNPS athletic trainers are doing double/triple duty at the moment. Out of 12 schools we only have 6 trainers because they quit or took another job somewhere else. Word on the street is Vanderbilts new director is planning to leave metro schools all together and only do privates. What’s y’all take?

There are currently two questions that must be ask and answered:  1. Why are there only 6 full time athletic trainers currently working in MNPS when you have twelve high schools in the MNPS and why are they quitting to take jobs at other high schools?  Do the other schools pay more than MNPS?  2. Why is Vanderbilt planning to leave MNPS and only do private schools?  Again, is this a financial decision or is Vanderbilt not receiving the support that they need from the people inside MNPS?  What we do know is that due to “KING JOHN’S” 34.5% property tax increase for property owners in Davidson County, this should not be a financial issue.  We also know that without certified trainers in every MNPS you have major safety issues that “WILL” result in major litigation (this will cost Metro Public Schools a fortune and the only thing saving them is that they are only allowed to be sued for X amount of money) if something serious happens to an athlete and a certified athletic trainer is not present on site to treat the athlete. 

Edited by cbg

2 hours ago, cbg said:

There are currently two questions that must be ask and answered:  1. Why are there only 6 full time athletic trainers currently working in MNPS when you have twelve high schools in the MNPS and why are they quitting to take jobs at other high schools?  Do the other schools pay more than MNPS?  2. Why is Vanderbilt planning to leave MNPS and only do private schools?  Again, is this a financial decision or is Vanderbilt not receiving the support that they need from the people inside MNPS?  What we do know is that due to “KING JOHN’S” 34.5% property tax increase for property owners in Davidson County, this should not be a financial issue.  We also know that without certified trainers in every MNPS you have major safety issues that “WILL” result in major litigation (this will cost Metro Public Schools a fortune and the only thing saving them is that they are only allowed to be sued for X amount of money) if something serious happens to an athlete and a certified athletic trainer is not present on site to treat the athlete. 

So from what I understand Vanderbilt starting doing metro schools as a outreach and giving back to their community. A New director came in and going in a different way. A few quit when the new guy came in but after he wanted to implement a pod system more left for county schools. I don’t know all the details but I know if a trainer has Hillwood and Hillsboro and if Hillwood had a road game the trainer would have to do hillsboro and Hillwood would be without because home games trump away.

30 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

So from what I understand Vanderbilt starting doing metro schools as a outreach and giving back to their community. A New director came in and going in a different way. A few quit when the new guy came in but after he wanted to implement a pod system more left for county schools. I don’t know all the details but I know if a trainer has Hillwood and Hillsboro and if Hillwood had a road game the trainer would have to do hillsboro and Hillwood would be without because home games trump away.

1.  Let’s understand that Vanderbilt University does not own Vanderbilt Medical Center as it was sold to a group of private investors a few years ago.

2.  If it was an outreach program for Vanderbilt Medical Center I totally understand how they have made the decision to explore paying options over charity work.  MNPS has more than enough money to pay for certified athletic trainers after the 34.5% property tax increase that “KING JOHN” Cooper both promoted and implemented during the middle of COVID-19 

23 minutes ago, cbg said:

1.  Let’s understand that Vanderbilt University does not own Vanderbilt Medical Center as it was sold to a group of private investors a few years ago.

2.  If it was an outreach program for Vanderbilt Medical Center I totally understand how they have made the decision to explore paying options over charity work.  MNPS has more than enough money to pay for certified athletic trainers after the 34.5% property tax increase that “KING JOHN” Cooper both promoted and implemented during the middle of COVID-19 

do you live in davidson county?  

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Probably 65% of the time in Nashville and the other 35% in Texas

gotcha.  you seem to take every opportunity possible to bring nashville politics and the mayor into these discussions even when it isn't always relevant.  just wondering if you even had a dog in this fight.  you got kids in metro schools?  I had 4 but now they are in private schools and while I don't care for the taxes, my property values have gone up more than other surrounding counties.  

love texas.

46 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

gotcha.  you seem to take every opportunity possible to bring nashville politics and the mayor into these discussions even when it isn't always relevant.  just wondering if you even had a dog in this fight.  you got kids in metro schools?  I had 4 but now they are in private schools and while I don't care for the taxes, my property values have gone up more than other surrounding counties.  

love texas.

I am a registered voter in Davidson County, was a graduate of MNPS and had two sons attend MNPS but they did graduate from a private school.  Let’s understand that the reason that I take every opportunity possible to call out “KING JOHN” Cooper is that he is the son of a segregationist (I am not sure most people even know this), he fully supported and endorsed a 34.5% tax increase during the middle of a pandemic, he lowered the number of people that could attend the council meeting on the 3rd reading from 50 to 25 only to raise in to 50 again on the following Monday.  MNPS and all of Davidson County should be flush with money and the MNPS should not be completely atrocious.  Again, what has “KING JOHN” Cooper ever really done for minorities or MNPS?  Let’s not forget that the convention center was paid for with tax dollars and he along with his political cronies made the decision that Davidson County did not need the $200+ million that the Republican National Convention would bring to the city.  I don’t care what side of politics you are on you don’t walk away from that kind of money.  

2 hours ago, EastNasty said:

Trying to understand what’s the point of splitting up the jamborees ? 

1. Time Constraints

2. Allow several schools to profit from concessions

3. Supposed to rotate venues each year so you play different people and get to host some.

4. Initially to help with crowd  numbers (security) although that no longer seems to be an issue unless for a particular match-up say Cane Ridge vs Pearl or East vs Hillsboro.

4 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

1. Time Constraints

2. Allow several schools to profit from concessions

3. Supposed to rotate venues each year so you play different people and get to host some.

4. Initially to help with crowd  numbers (security) although that no longer seems to be an issue unless for a particular match-up say Cane Ridge vs Pearl or East vs Hillsboro.

They could at least do four schools at three sites and rotate sites.  The security I understand.

• Like 1