Metro Rankings

bleacher

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, fredjones said:

The first three turf fields in Metro are:

East Nashville

Pearl-Cohn

Whites Creek

Contract approved by school board on May 9th.

I thought they was doing 4 schools at once? Also don’t it take about 5-6 months for the field to be ready?

21 hours ago, fredjones said:

Only three were approved.  East and Pearl should be done quickly as both fields were renovated recently.  Whites Creek doesn't have a home game until September 22nd.

When will they start working on the new fields?  

On 5/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, fredjones said:

Only three were approved.  East and Pearl should be done quickly as both fields were renovated recently.  Whites Creek doesn't have a home game until September 22nd.

Just asking a question so don't shoot the messenger:  It has been widely reported that Whites Creek currently has less than 550 students so why would you place turf on a field that should be closed?  Would it not make more sense to place turf on the new Lawson school field over WC?

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Just asking a question so don't shoot the messenger:  It has been widely reported that Whites Creek currently has less than 550 students so why would you place turf on a field that should be closed?  Would it not make more sense to place turf on the new Lawson school field over WC?

My understanding is that Lawson/Metro already had purchased the irrigation system for natural grass before the word came out that new field turf was in the works. They will be the last school to get the new turf from what i am being told. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 18NCS said:

My understanding is that Lawson/Metro already had purchased the irrigation system for natural grass before the word came out that new field turf was in the works. They will be the last school to get the new turf from what i am being told. 

I wish that i could say that I am shocked about the situation at Lawson but this is typical MNPS.  Just another MNPS cluster ****