Metro Rankings

bleacher

20 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Crazy part bleacher. Some schools dont have enough to field a freshman team. Most of them have 9th and 10th grades playing. Outside of the 4 and Mcgavock and Stratford 

We Must Praise and celebrate the kids that are sacrificing and dedicating themselves to being football players. They are the true Warriors of the next Generation.

10 hours ago, bleacher said:

Yeah good points but kids today are also softer in general. There are exceptions of course, but as a whole kids are softer now. They stay inside and they're not tough. Most are raised this way by their soft sensitive parents. When I grew up the neighborhood raised us and we were forced to be tough. It was ingrained in us to be tough. football was the primary Proving Ground for that toughness, other than fist fights. kids today don't even fight. If things don't change, our next generation will be speaking Russian or Arabic.

I really was about to say kids now days are just totally different. PE class is not the same. Most kids around these parts wants a full time job at 14 because money is everything to them. Out side of working there in front of a tv playing fortnite or on social media. I remember summer time I was outside at 7am on a bike and wouldnt be back in till late. I knew if I went in the house I'm stuck in there because I'm running in and out lol. Smh

On 9/22/2018 at 11:34 PM, bleacher said:

After week 6

1 Cane Ridge they keep finding ways to win and they have 2 great backs

2 Pearl Cohn tough schedule benefit them in their playoff run

3 East your confidence level is now matching their talent level makes them hard to beat

4 Maplewood high-powered offense will assist there run to Cookeville

5 Hillsboro tough non-district schedule can benefit them in the playoffs if they will stick together

6 Hillwood their offense will keep them in most games

7 Overton improved over last year playing better defense

8 McGavock

9 Stratford

10 Antioch

11 Whites Creek

12 Hunters Lane

13 Glencliff

I see no need for changes after 7 weeks. What do yall think?

3 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Bleacher I think your list is good. I think an argument could be made for EN to be 2 at the moment. They have beaten everyone on their schedule including 4 MW. Obviously the EN PC matchup is looking to be a huge game for both teams and probably will be the first of two meetings.

You're right. East has had a great season thus far. I guess I'm just not totally sold because of previous years... and I don't think they would be undefeated with Pearl Cohn schedule. But you are also right when they meet on the field all of this discussion will be a mute point.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

have we been forgetting about RePublic?

RePublic should definitely be in the conversation. They are beginning to win games and may get in the playoffs this season. And given the location of the school, they may draw players away from Hunters Lane, Maplewood, and Whites Creek.