Metro Rankings

bleacher

14 hours ago, moonwink said:

the downfall of antioch started when shawn joseph took over metro schools. he brought in keiva wiley as principal and her short tenure resulted in the systematic tearing down of everyting good at antioch.  it is a shame that someone as unqualified, idiotic... could have the disastrous impact. her reach has now impacted overton because the guy she hired to replace wood has absolutley no control or anything else that a football coach needs... she had no reason to fire wood who won 3 games in his first year back. this after i believe antioch had lost around 15 games in a row including an 0-11 campaign the year before. 

Antioch been bad for years. You cant put that on that man. They when they built CR it was over with. All the ballers from Out there go to Cr

55 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

When it comes to Antioch moonwink is the guru. He knows more about that school than others. And I agree with him. When Joseph brought an unlicensed administrator with no administrative experience to lead one of the largest high schools in metro that is on him. Dumb mistake.

So he brought somebody unlicensed in but the schools test scores has went up and sports are still trash....I'm not a big Joseph or Antioch supporter but im just keeping it real. It's a few principles in metro who can fall under that. Let's be real you guys are probably older then me and remember Antioch great days. Me I only remember a few years when they had Preston brown and the other dude at RB. They always had a nice basketball team along with hunters lane and a few others. They wasnt no power house. Now it's sad that the school has 2300 kids and kids who play football dont wanna play for the coaches their choosing. This is a different generation of kids..

16 hours ago, moonwink said:

the downfall of antioch started when shawn joseph took over metro schools. he brought in keiva wiley as principal and her short tenure resulted in the systematic tearing down of everyting good at antioch.  it is a shame that someone as unqualified, idiotic... could have the disastrous impact. her reach has now impacted overton because the guy she hired to replace wood has absolutley no control or anything else that a football coach needs... she had no reason to fire wood who won 3 games in his first year back. this after i believe antioch had lost around 15 games in a row including an 0-11 campaign the year before. 

That's not true , it's all these principals from out of town that don't value athletics that was before Joseph .. look at CR she value sports and look at their program.. look at HL, WC, Overton, Antioch  all declined cause of poor admin. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

So he brought somebody unlicensed in but the schools test scores has went up and sports are still trash....I'm not a big Joseph or Antioch supporter but im just keeping it real. It's a few principles in metro who can fall under that. Let's be real you guys are probably older then me and remember Antioch great days. Me I only remember a few years when they had Preston brown and the other dude at RB. They always had a nice basketball team along with hunters lane and a few others. They wasnt no power house. Now it's sad that the school has 2300 kids and kids who play football dont wanna play for the coaches their choosing. This is a different generation of kids..

I have to agree with you about Antioch not being powerhouse. Since 2001 Antioch only had 5 winning seasons, and that's with Coker and brown. Never made it past 2nd round either. Now whoever y'all talking about could've made Antioch worse, but you have to factor in CR also.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Antioch sports programs have been above average many times. I can remember them having solid baseball programs, football, etc. Most recently they had success in girls basketball with White coaching and track. The boys basketball team was pretty goid about ten years ago.

All of that aside, you don't bring in an unlicensed unqualified person to lead one of your largest schools. That's all I'm saying. If test scores went up its because of the kids and teachers not the principal.

• Like 1

The principal y'all speak of that damaged the school is gone. A new principal is in place. The current coach will soon be replaced. The question is can a new coach be recruited that is capable of establishing a solid winning program? It can be done if it's important to the current Administration and to the community..

On 11/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, runtheball said:

I would go.

You did Coach the best team in the history of Antioch a few years ago right? You think you could do it again? You would have to create a totally new staff in my opinion. Would the current Administration help with that?

Edited by bleacher

2 minutes ago, bleacher said:

The principal y'all speak of that damaged the school is gone. A new principal is in place. The current coach will soon be replaced. The question is can a new coach be recruited that is capable of establishing a solid winning program? It can be done if it's important to the current Administration and to the community..

You are right about the changes that have occurred. The real question is will the people of bransford ave let the new principal do what she wants to do. Early signs point to no.